Best Hair Oils: Style the way you want 🙂
Does the idea of oiling your hair seem old school to you? Wrong!
Oiling is one of the best ways to pamper your hair and to enrich them with all the nutrients that they need to look gorgeous. Without any doubt, healthy hair is the best accessory worn to look smart, attractive, and pleasing. But, you need the good hair oil for that.
Hair oil can be a bit intimidating. While we want our hair to look like it’s glistening, we certainly don’t want it to look (or feel) downright oily. While all hair types can benefit from using oil, the catch is finding one that works best for your strands in particular.
Below, we rounded up the best hair oils that’ll transform your locks.
You must have seen quite a few ranges of hair oils promising several benefits, isn’t it?
Coconut oil, argan oil, almond oil…the list goes on! The truth is, whether it comes to skin care or hair care, oils are having their moment. But with so many different oils out there and benefits for each, how do you know which to choose? We dive deep into the world of hair oils, outlining how certain oils can combat dryness, frizziness, and even dandruff. Read on to learn about our favorite hair oils to fix your hair problems.
Hair Oils to cure your hair problems
So, which one to choose? Don’t worry; we have just the right solution for you. Because your Hair deserves best!
Created by celebrity hairstylist extraordinaire Jen Atkin, this lightweight oil can be applied onto wet or dry hair. Its oil blend—a mix of African galanga, ama oil, and Asian borage oils—works to completely eliminate frizz and tame unruly hair. It also doubles as a subtle hair perfume with notes of gardenia and violet. Use one or two pumps and apply from midshaft to ends to smooth down any wayward strands.
- OUAI HAIR OIL. A powerful, multi-tasking oil for every occasion.
- It protects hair from color fading and heat/UV damage, smooths split ends and frizz, and adds next-level shine. For that high-gloss sleek look, use the OUAI Hair Oil.
- YOUR HAIR’S HOLY GRAIL. African galanga, ama and Asian borage oils protect and smooth hair like you’ve never seen before.
- Work 1-3 drops through wet hair, add to dry hair after a blowout or leave on overnight as an intense hydrating mask.
- OUAI MEANS YES. In that casual Parisian way. OUAI is about being better IRL than on Instagram. It’s about having honest conversations with our community. It’s about letting go of unrealistic expectations and embracing your imperfections.
- INGREDIENTS THAT GET THE JOB DONE. All OUAI products are carefully crafted to cut styling time and nourish your hair health. We put the good stuff in and leave the bad stuff out, without ever sacrificing quality. We are always trying to do better for the planet.
- FOR REAL LIFE, FOR REAL PEOPLE. Celebrity stylist Jen Atkin had used every product on the market but couldn’t find a brand she or her friends could relate to.
- OUAI offers luxury products at affordable prices that are user friendly- no glam squad needed.
You’ve probably heard of Olaplex at your salon—it is, after all, beloved by hairstylists, colorists, and beauty folk alike. The brand’s best-selling game-changer is the Hair Perfector No. 3, an at-home treatment with the same patented active ingredient as its professional counterparts. Basically, this treatment targets broken bonds (which are typically caused by chemical or thermal damage) and works not only to repair them but to prevent them from happening again in the future.
- OLAPLEX No.3 at home hair repairing treatment. No.3 Hair Perfector is not a conditioner.
- OLAPLEX No.3 is our at home bond builder that contains the same active ingredient found in all professional Lapel products.
- Our patented technology relinks the broken bonds in every type of hair providing real, structural repair that works from within. Leaves hair stronger than ever.
- Paraben-free, vegan, sulfate-free and phthalate-free.
- Step 3 of the Olaplex Professional System, for once-a-week, at home applications to eliminate breakage from chemical services.
- Olaplex Hair Perfector is part of the hottest salon professional hair care line called Olaplex, which helps prevent hair damage during chemical services.
- Directions of Use: 1. Apply a generous amount from roots to ends on towel-dried hair. Use once a week between chemical services to strengthen hair. Comb through once. Leave on for a minimum of 10 minutes or more. For damaged hair, repeat without rinsing. 2. Rinse from hair. Shampoo and condition
Let us introduce you to your new hero product. This rich oil has a ton of uses: spread throughout hair before shampoo as a protective treatment, apply to damp hair right before styling to keep hair in place, or use after styling to complete your desired look. No matter when or how you use it, just know that argan oil and camellia oil are plumping up your stands and enhancing your shine.
- Luscious lightweight oil for dry, lifeless hair
- Apply after shampoo and conditioner for instant shine plus silky touch
- Blend of oils and botanical extracts hydrate and seal the cuticle
- Deep nourishment without weight
- For dry, lifeless hair
- Transforms dry hair to soft & lustrous in 1 wash
- With Oil-Complex
When your hair has been put through the wringer from incessant combing, blow-drying, straightening, perming, and other chemical and mechanical processes, it could use a helping hand from a powerful bonding oil, like this one. This formula features ingredients that help repair broken bonds in strands to prevent further damage and breakage so you can nurse your hair back to its best state.
- A highly-concentrated, weightless reparative styling oil.
- Dramatically increase shine, softness, and color vibrancy.
- Minimizes fly-aways and frizz.
- Provides heat protection of up to 450°.
- Restores healthy appearance and texture.
- Improved luster, shine, and manageability.
- Suggested usage:- Turn the bottle upside down and gently tap the index finger on the bottom of the bottle to dispense a metered drop.
This handy pump is called Ghost Oil for a reason—it literally disappears into hair as soon as it’s applied, leaving no trace of it. Users find that it’s an excellent detangler and smoother, thanks to moringa seed oil. Argan oil helps to improve hair’s elasticity, transforming lackluster curls by giving them a healthy bounce. Apply all over the hair for ultimate shine.
- Verb Ghost Oil is a vanishing daily restorative oil that revitalizes hair from roots to ends.
- This integrated Moringa oil blend enriches the hair shaft with essential nutrients that naturally smooth frizz and promote radiant shine for all hair types.
- Verb bridges the gap between drug store and high-end hair care because who says good hair has to be out of reach.
- Hair care made easy.
- Easy to use.
- Easy on your wallet.
If you have fine hair, prepare for this ultra-lightweight oil to blow your mind. Infused with camellia oil, the velvety texture (read: not sticky) targets deep in your hair’s cortex, hydrating it from within and rebalancing moisture levels. It also doubles are a protectant, as it shields strands from harmful UV rays. Users love how silky and manageable their hair feels after use. Apply just one pump, avoiding the roots, for glossy locks.
- Shu Uemura Essence Absolue is a nourishing and protective essences infused with Camellia oil helps protect the hair fiber against dryness, frizz and UV damage while providing intense nutrition.
- This multiuse elixir moisturises and protects with intense nutrition.
- Infused with Camellia oil richness in a lightweight finish
- 5 ounce oil
- It is recommended for normal hair
- Nourishing and protective essence infused with camellia oil to help protect the hair.
With clients like Lupita Nyong’o, Serena Williams, and Kerry Washington, celebrity stylist Vernon François knows hair—which is why the overnight repair oil from his namesake line is on our list. Each vial (this set includes four!) contains the same blend of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, argan oil, and vitamin E. Just spray evenly from root to tip before bed, and you’ll wake up with smoother, nourished strands sans any greasiness.
- A lightweight, leave-in moisturizing oil complex, delivered in a fine spray to replenish hair nutrients overnight.
- This moisturizing oil replenishes hair’s nutrients while you sleep.
- Presented in a set of four spray vials containing a blend of jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, argan oil, antioxidant vitamin E, and more, it brings all types of damaged hair back to a healthy state by helping repair the hair’s internal structure.
- The formula is incredibly lightweight, non-greasy, and easily absorbed by the strands, with no need to rinse out in the morning.
- This product is color and keratin treatment safe, vegan, and cruelty-free.
- It features elegant, floral scent notes of black iris, violet, rose, and orchid brushed with a hint of decadent spice, dark woods, and a rich vanilla base.
You likely know how important it is to protect your skin from harmful UV rays, but protecting your hair is a real thing, too. That’s why we love this product—it’s basically sunscreen for your strands. It’s formulated with built-in UV filters, while sunflower extract creates a protective shield that prevents dehydration from the sun, as well as from chlorine and salt water.
- Protects hair and guards color from UV damage and environmental stresses with a luminous veil of shine from this lightweight, non-greasy mist:
- Invisible hair sunscreen
- Safeguards hair color
- Leaves lasting shine
- Application & Usage:- Spray a light mist on dry or damp hair for daily sun exposure. Reapply after swimming. For External Use Only.
- Why you will fall in love: Ideal for days out in the sun, lounging by the pool, or everyday city use .
- Phytoplage Protective Sun Veil protects, hydrates and nourishes your hair. A
- n invisible anti-dehydration UV filter screens and protects hair color from oxidation and fading when exposure to the sun, sea, and swimming pool.
- It Leaves hair looking supple and shiny.
Slather this organic oil all over your scalp, hair, and even eyebrows to promote faster hair growth and thicker strands. Extracted using the cold-press method, this oil is as pure as it gets with all its natural vitamins preserved throughout the process.
- Briogeo’s B. Well Organic + Cold-Pressed 100% Castor Oil is a cold-pressed, organic (certified by IMO Control Private Limited) castor oil that deeply nourishes, hydrates, and conditions hair, eyebrows, scalp, and skin.
- Ideal for those with severely dry skin and scalp and those looking to nourish specific areas.
- it can be directly applied to skin or hair to help nourish hairlines, tame flyaways, condition eyebrows, nurture lashes, hydrate elbows, and condition cuticles.
- This multipurpose oil can also be added to any Briogeo Conditioner for a reparative boost.
With each use, argan oil and linseed extract (both packed with essential fatty acids) nourish and strengthen hair. The spicy amber and warm floral scent, exclusive to Moroccanoil, is also transporting. It’s best used on clean, damp hair right before styling or as a touch-up throughout the day.
- Moroccanoil Treatment is the original award-winning hair product that created the worldwide buzz on argan oil and pioneered oil-infused hair care.
- Rich in antioxidant argan oil and linseed (flax) seed extract, this iconic hair treatment instantly nourishes and helps strengthen hair, leaving it shinier and healthier-looking with each use.
- Proprietary formula detangles hair and absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy residue.
- The foundation for all hairstyling, it creates long-lasting smoothness, increases manageability and speeds up blow-drying time.
- Also available in Light for fine or light-colored hair.
- Fragranced with the signature Moroccanoil scent, an exotic blend of spicy amber aromas and sweet floral notes.
- Discover the original. A multitasking hair treatment infused with argan oil and shine,boosting vitamins. Versatile, all,in,one product conditions, detangles and speeds up drying time.
- Leaves hair soft, smooth, with improved manageability.
- Controls frizz and flyaway, while imparting shine.
- Usage:-Apply to damp or dry hair from mid,length to ends as a primer, leave,on conditioner or shine,boosting finisher.
Brittle hair, beware. This repairing oil is coming for you—but in a good way. Certified organic buriti oil, harvest from the “tree of life” in Brazil, instantly quenches and restores thirsty, weak hair. You’ll also find that there’s no silicone in this formula, so just a few drops are all it takes to revive dull, tangled strands.
- This oil is formulated without silicone, so it takes only a few drops to moisturize hair
- It leaves hair soft and full of shine
- Protect against uv rays
- Penetrates to instantly moisturize hair.
- Directions for use:- Apply 2-4 drops of oil to your hands, emulsify, and smooth from mid-length to ends through half of your hair. Repeat for second half. Gently comb your fingers through your hair to evenly distribute. Do not rinse. With residual oil on your hands, gently smooth over your crown for more shine and fewer flyaways.
This oil has a super non-greasy texture that’s immediately absorbed, adding needed hydration and removing pesky frizz. Just apply it to wet hair right before drying (or dry hair before heat styling). Plus, it’s formulated with UV filters that protect stands from the damaging effects of the sun.
- Features a clear, lightweight and quick-absorbing formula
- Contains a luxurious blend of six oils and two extracts
- Help tame flyaway, reduce frizz and detangle hair
- How to:Use Work sparingly into damp hair before heat-styling, or smooth through dry hair for a shiny finish
- Density: medium to thick. Texture: straight to curly. Type: dry, damaged, and/or color-treated
Hair oil doesn’t have to be super pricey in order to work efficiently. Take this affordable little bottle, for example. Its argan-oil-infused formula controls frizz and gently detangles hair. It’s also safe to use on color-treated hair as it’s sulfate- and alcohol-free. Users note to avoid applying this near and on the root as the thicker formula is meant for more damaged areas.
- Lightweight, alcohol-free oil
- Absorbs instantly to provide frizz-free shine
- No oily residue
- Can be used on both wet and dry hair to create a silky, smooth finish.
- Apply a coin-sized amount evenly throughout hair avoiding the root area.Style as desired.
Our editorial director, Faith Xue, calls this oil a life-saver for her platinum blonde hair. Considered a protective pre-shampoo, it’s best applied on dry hair—either right before you hit the beach or pool, or before you spend the day out in the sun. Let the product sit for a few hours so the product can completely coat each strand, essentially creating a barrier to guard your hair from outside forces (like chlorine). At the end of the day, rinse it out.
- Hydrating and protective pre-shampoo treatment oil that nourishes dry, overprocessed hair and prolongs the life of your color without leaving hair greasy or weighted down.
- A blend of botanical oils nourishes, detangles hair.
- Apply at pool/beach to protect hair from chlorine/salt water.
- Apply to dry length and ends, evenly distribute with a brush.
This best-selling argan oil checks all the boxes: hydrating, nourishing, clinically tested, and it has no added ingredients. Tame frizz effectively by applying a small amount from midshaft down, focusing on the ends as you spread out the product. What we love about this versatile oil is that you can literally use it anywhere—your hair, scalp, face, and body. Not only is it multifaceted, but it shortens your routine, too.
- Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil is a multi-tasker that nourishes, conditions, and heals.
- It absorbs easily into skin, intensely hydrating and leaving behind a dewy glow.
- Argan Oil is clinically proven to significantly improve skin hydration, smoothness, and visibly reduce course lines and wrinkles in just 4 weeks.
- Argan oil benefits your skin head to toe, even hair and nails.
- Josie Maran believes in cosmetics with a conscience. That is why this pure Argan Oil is cruelty free, vegan, paraben free, sulfate free, gluten free, phthalate free, synthetic fragrance free, mineral oil free, formaldehyde free, and peg free.
- Grown and harvested responsibly by Moroccan women, the Argan we source connects us to an age-old tradition of holistic beauty.
- Over 2.2lbs of Argan Nuts are used to make one 1.7fl oz bottle of 100% Pure Argan Oil.
- Ingredients: Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil. There is only one ingredient in this bottle: 100% pure, 100% organic, 100% natural Argan Oil.
There are so many oils, which one do I buy?
We know it can be overwhelming to pick the right oil for your hair, as there are so many different choices! So, here are some of our personal tips on selecting the perfect hair oil for your hair type:
ALWAYS READ THE INGREDIENTS LIST
Some labels can be deceiving, so it’s important to make sure there are no chemicals and all the ingredients are natural as that is what is best for your hair. It’s also a good idea to pick a product with organic ingredients to optimize your results.
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT
Some oils come already pre-mixed with something else, such as essential oils. Make sure to read the label and know exactly what’s included.
LISTEN TO YOUR HAIR!
We are all different, and what works for one person may not necessarily work for another. Just because it’s heavily recommended or advertised, doesn’t mean that it’s the right product for your hair type. Be sure to try an oil out and if you feel it’s not working for you, don’t be afraid to move on to something else.
Lastly, keep in mind that oils are greasy. Don’t go overboard, otherwise, you risk leaving your hair oily even after washing. Always thoroughly wash your hair with a natural, alcohol-free shampoo after a treatment. And of course, keep in mind that changes like this don’t happen overnight—only consistent, long-term use will result in gorgeous, healthy, shiny long hair.
Which is your favourite hair oil? Share your reviews with us.
Enjoyed reading this article? To receive more articles like this, Subscribe our newsletter.
- Worried about dull skin or falling hair? These Omega-3 rich foods can help
- 10 Best Face Mask that Pamper your skin with natural treats
- The 17 types of Oil you really need to know about!
- 10 Best JOJOBA OIL – 100% Beneficial for Your Body
- 9 Best Argan Oil – “LIQUID GOLD” for Your Body
- 7 Best YLANG YLANG OIL – Solve the Problem of Your Hair 100%
- Papaya- 7 ways to Rejuvenate your skin
- BEAT THE HEAT with the Best Face Wipes!
- 10 Best Yoga Mats -Yoga everyday keys the doctor away
- Oils which are good for Hair, Skin and Health
For purchasing best and reviewed products, visit our website “Ripplenfortunate“.