What is standing between you and your skin? I think it could be an absence of a face toner.We invest a good amount for purchasing a perfect makeup products and skincare treatment to achieve an ever glowing skin.But usually we don’t consider face toner as an important skincare product.
Toning is such an underrated step. Personally I find that my skin has been a lot better once I started using a toner.
Face toners are known to work wonders when applied to the skin. It helps to minimize acne, shrink pores, and also to help balance the skin pH levels. Skin toners help to cleanse the skin and keep it moisturized.
Before we discuss the list of best Face Toners.I will discuss some important points with you.
What is toner?
Face toner is primarily water-based skin-care product mostly used to balance the pH of skin after the cleansing.
Toners are thin and water-base liquids which usually get absorbed quickly quickly and penetrates deeply. This makes them a perfect delivering active agent for other cosmetic products.
Apart from this, toners have several other benefits like skin hydration, pH balancing and nurturing the skin.
Benefits of a Face Toner
Toners are most helpful and necessary for people with oily or acne-prone skin, or for people who want extra cleansing after wearing makeup or any other heavy skincare products such as sunscreen. But that is not all that toner can do.
The following are some of the additional benefits:
It shrinks pores:
Applying a small amount of toner to a soft cotton ball or pad and gently blotting and wiping your face with it will remove oil and give the appearance of smaller pores.
It restores your skin’s pH balance:
Our skin is naturally acidic, typically with a pH balance of between five and six (on a scale from 0 to 14). But that balance can get out of whack after cleansing due to the alkaline nature of soap. When this happens, your skin needs to work overtime to return to its normal levels (and that may result in oil), but using a toner can help restore this balance quickly.
It adds a layer of protection:
Toners can help close pores and tighten cell gaps after cleansing, reducing the penetration of impurities and environmental contaminants into the skin. It can even protect and remove chlorine and minerals present in tap water.
It acts as a moisturizer:
Some toners are humectants, which means they help to bind moisture to the skin.
It refreshes skin:
Toner can also be used in lieu of washing your skin when it’s oily or dirty. It will leave your skin revitalized even when you’re on the go.
It can prevent ingrown hairs:
Toners containing glycolic acid or other alpha hydroxy acids can help to prevent ingrown hairs, so it also aids in grooming.
The three keys to protection by toner
Do you skip the toner step in your daily skincare routine? Next time, consider the benefits that facial toner offers, not only does it shrink your pores but it refreshes your skin and cleans up what your soap left behind.
Here are three reasons why you shouldn’t ditch toner:
- Say goodbye to oily skin: After months of moisturizing to fend off the dry skin of winter, it is time to brace yourself for the oily summer months. If your skin glistens in the sun, it is time you thought of using toner. Opt for an alcohol-free toner so that it doesn’t remove your skins necessary oils.
- Clear complexion: Toner can help you achieve that perfectly poreless look. One of the benefits of using a toner is, it removes whatever your facial cleanser left behind. It gets rid of any remaining makeup residue or oils that sit in your pores, giving you a clean complexion.
- Refresh: Toner is your skin’s wake up call. It instantly refreshes and also works as an anti-inflammatory, waking up your skin’s senses and leaving behind that puffy and tired I was up all night look. Jot this down as a go-to skin hangover cure!
Choosing A Toner For Your Skin Type
- Toners come with different ingredients based on the requirements of your skin. Do check the ingredients before buying a toner as some may contain potent ingredients.
- Look for ingredients like vitamin C, coenzyme Q10, hyaluronic acid and glycerin if you have normal to combination skin.
- If you have acne-prone skin, look for alpha hydroxy acids like glycolic acid in your toner. This can reduce the appearance of pores. A salicylic acid is a good option,
- For sensitive skin, look for soothing ingredients like aloe vera and cucumbers.
- If you are in your 30s and 40s, you may want to consider a toner with antioxidants and hydrating ingredients.
- Witch hazel, aloe vera, grapefruit seed extract, cucumber and vitamin E are some of the soothing ingredients if you have dry skin.
- If you have oily skin, sandalwood, willow bark, lavender, clary sage and tea tree are your best bet.
How To Use Face Toner?
- Put a few drops of the toner on a cotton pad.
- Apply it all over the face and neck.
- You could also take a few drops in your hands instead of a cotton pad and apply it over your face.
- Allow it to dry.
- Follow it up with a serum or moisturizer.
Note: Use a toner right after cleansing when the skin is still damp, in your morning and evening skin care routines. It helps in better penetration of the ingredients. In case your skin feels too dry after the use of a toner, limit its use to once per day.
- 10 Best Paraben-Free Face Scrub – For Both Men and Women
- 10 Best Natural Ingredients FACE MASK – Wear a Glowing Healthy Skin
- 8 Best Herbal Face Pack – Be Confident in Your Own Skin
List of best Face Toners
This refreshing, pore tightening toner is blended with cucumber, coriander, nutgalls, berberry, peppermint oil and the fresh waters found in the foothills of the Himalayas. It is formulated to bring the complexion into perfect pH balance and help keep skin in its purest state.
Daruhaldi (Berberis aristata), Dhania (coriandrum sativum), Majuphal (Quercus infectoria), Pudina (Mentha arvensis), Kheera (Cucumis sativus) Q.S.
How to Use
Apply to cotton pads or washcloth and gently wipe over cleansed face and neck, morning and evening.
Cucumber is one of primordial cooling and purifying plants in nature with many beneficial health benefits. It is known to reduce skin puffiness and tiredness, and to restore natural skin freshness and tone.
- Helps reduce the risk of skin aging and other harmful effects of the sun
- It is formulated to bring the complexion into perfect pH balance and help keep skin in its purest state
Add our gentle toner to your skin care routine for clean, healthy looking skin. Our specially formulated, oil-free Alcohol-Free Face Toner refreshes skin without stripping its own natural moisturizers, so you can get a clean, refreshing toning experience without the harsh drying effects of alcohol. Plus, special mild purifiers gently remove impurities and reconditions skin. Your skin will feel fresh and clean, without tightness, dryness or stinging.
Water, butylene glycol, PEG-4, polysorbate 20, oleth-30, sodium chloride, methylparaben, propylparaben, disodium EDTA, fragrance, ceteth-15, benzalkonium chloride, panthenol, glycereth-26, sodium PCA, choleth-15
- 8.5-fluid ounce bottle of toner
- Cleans and refreshes without stripping skin’s moisture
- For all skin types
- Mild purifiers help condition skin
- Alcohol-free formula cleanses without irritation
Astringent, acne-fighting natural toner without the drying effects of alcohol. You can literally feel the astringent effect of green tea, while the gentle exfoliation of glycolic acid helps remove dead cells and debris from your skin leaving it taut & happy.
- Goodness of Green Tea – A great natural astringent (tightens pores), green tea is also anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and provides the skin with nourishing anti-oxidants to decrease the signs of aging.
- Glycolic Acid – More famously used in peels, glycolic acid is an AHA (alpha hydroxyl acid) that helps keep skin refreshed and renewed.
- Glycerine – A non-comedogenic emollient, results in skin that is softer to touch.
- Alcohol-Free – 100% alcohol-free toner that will never dry out your skin.
- TIGHTER PORES. CLEARER SKIN: This toner is an essential part of your skin care regimen for clear, smooth, well-toned skin. Astringency (tightness) on your skin that you can feel – great for enlarged pores. Antioxidant organic green tea extracts that help control blemishes and acne (pimples). And gentle exfoliation of debris and dead cells thanks to glycolic acid.
- SUITABLE FOR: Oily & combination skin types. Specially formulated for acne-prone skin.
- 100% VEGAN, CRUELTY-FREE & SAFE: Like everything Plum, this product is 100% vegan, paraben-free and phthalate-free. Plum does not test on animals.
ANTI INFLAMMATORY: Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can which can be used on dry skin. It is a great cleanser and helps in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores.
MULTIPLE ADVANTAGES: The steam distilled pure rose water by urban botanics have multiple skin and hair advantages. It helps maintain skin’s PH balance and removes dirt from the skin.
FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: The rose water is fit for all skin types whether dry, oily, sensitive or normal. It rejuvenates the skin and maintains the youthful skin by retaining moisture. It is also useful for maintaining the natural shine of hair.
- Retains moisture of the skin
- Helps maintain skin`s PH balance
- Controls excess oil
- Can be applied on fine lines
- Helps remove dirt from the skin
- Great cleansing agent
- Exfoliates the skin
- Anti-Bacterial properties
- Have numerous powerful anti-oxidants
- Keeps the skin hydrated
NOTE: UrbanBotanics Natural Rose Water may contain some natural ‘sediment’ making it appear cloudy. This is made up of natural waxes/essential oil compounds that settle out of the distillate water and occurs after fine filtration. It does not indicate any deterioration in quality.
Safety warning: For external use only. Rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use. Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. Store in a cool & dry place will be better if stored in refrigerator Animal cruelty-free, never tested on animals. ALWAYS SHAKE WELL BEFORE USE
Directions to Use:
Close your eyes and apply directly onto face, hair and desired areas.
Just 3 simple steps before bed can drive away all your skin woes. While many of us are aware of this easy cleanse-tone-moisturise regime, what most of us still are not sure about are the benefits of using a facial toner.
Does it make any difference? – applying a toner after cleansing your face. Yes, it does. A big one. As the name suggests, Lakmé Absolute Pore Fix Toner unclogs and tightens your pores to reveal a smooth, clean surface.
Lakmé Absolute Pore Fix Toner not only helps remove traces of debris, make-up, and other impurities on your skin but it also addresses specific issues. If you want to even out your skin and get a flawless skin, this toner is a non-negotiable part of your skin-care regime.
Since this toner is alcohol free, it is gentler while cleaning your skin without aggravating any irritation an inflammation. This toner also helps rejuvenate and energize your tired skin after a long day. God knows we all need it.
Daily use of Lakmé’s toner also helps reduce the dryness or appearance of oily skin. Since this toner comes in a mist form, it allows easy application by spraying the product onto a cotton pad. Glide the cotton pad on your face and neck gently in an upward direction.
Allow the toner to dry on your face naturally and apply the moisturizer after. The unclogging of the pores helps better absorption of the moisturizer into your skin which further provides improved nourishment and repair overnight.
- Tightens pores
- Gives a fresh look
- Alcohol free
- Regenergizes tired skin
- Unclogs pores
- Removes excess oil
I am 100% free of alcohol, parabens, petrochemicals, phthalates, artificial fragrance, and colour. I am a special formulation intended to clean and tone the skin without drying it. Extracts of pomegranate together with lavender and peppermint heals the skin and renews the skin cells and increases its circulation. Witch Hazel prevents moisture loss while the essential oils of rosemary and ylang-ylang act as natural astringents that calms and balances the skin, delivering vital nutrients and vitamins to it. You will find your skin looking healthier and toned.
- Pomegranate Juice
- Witch Hazel
- Essential oils of Rosemary and Ylang-Ylang
- Tightens the pores
- Revives the skin
How to Use
- Spray onto face directly or on a small piece of cotton and dab onto face
- Avoid the eye area
- Use in the morning and night after cleansing
- Follow it up with the Oily Skin Oil
- Quantity: 100ml; Item Form: Liquid
- It is 100 percent free of alcohol, parabens, petrochemicals, phathalates, artificial fragrance and colour; The special formulation intended to clean and tone the skin without drying out the skin
- Extracts of pomegranate together with lavender and peppermint heals, renews the skin cells and increases circulation in it
- Witch hazel prevents moisture loss while the essential oils of rosemary and ylang ylang act as natural astringents that calms and balances the skin, delivering vital nutrients and vitamins to the skin. You will find your skin looking healthier and toned
- Target Audience: Women
Refresh Your Skin With A Dash Of Basil Cucumber
What your skin needs after a day of wear and tear is the soft, natural care of Lotus Herbals Basiltone Cucumber & Basil Clarifying & Balancing Toner. This natural toner is packed with goodness of basil and cucumber which work on your skin to remove any make-up residue, pollutants or excess oil and prepares it for moisturization. This gentle skin toner evens out your skin tone and balances PH levels to give you refreshed looking, radiant skin!
Cucumber is a natural astringent which cools your skin and helps cleanse it of excess oils. It hydrates dull looking skin making it look fresh and radiant. It is also rich in proteins and lipids which nourish your skin keeping it soft, supple and touchable for long hours.
Basil Leaf extracts
Basil leaf extract is loaded with antioxidant, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties which breathe new life into dull, tired looking skin. It lightens skin tone and reduces skin blemishes. It also wards off obvious signs of premature ageing by tightening skin pores.
Neem is effective in lightening scars and skin pigmentation. It evens out your skin tone and imparts a soft, natural glow. It is also acts as a natural moisturizer and keeps your skin soft and supple all day long.
Usage: Apply to cotton pads or washcloth and gently wipe over cleansed face and neck, morning and evening.
- Quantity: 100ml; Item Form: Liquid
- Keeps your skin refreshed and hydrated; Restores natural PH balance of your skin
- Prepares skin for moisturization by tightening skin pores
- Skin Type: Combination Skin, Oily Skin; Container Type: Pump Dispenser
- Target Audience: Women
An alcohol-free toner that helps reduce pore size to normal, making your skin ready for the next product application. It comes with a special mist pump and hence can directly be sprayed on your face. It contains 1 percent Mandelic Acid that reduces excessive oil on the surface to prevent skin breakouts.
Take 3-4 pumps of the product on a cotton pad and gently dab on thoroughly cleansed face and neck. Can also be sprayed directly on the face and neck and spread with finger tips
WHO CAN USE IT?
Kaya Purifying Toner is suitable for Combination, Oily skin or Acne-prone skin.
WHEN TO USE IT?
The product can be used twice a day, in the morning and at night.
DEVELOPED BY DERMATOLOGISTS
At kaya, our team of expert dermatologists understand the uniqueness of Indian skin and create special formulations to provide solutions that are designed for best efficacy.
Features & Benefits –
- Quantity: 100ml; Item Form: Lotion
- Exfoliate and unclog pores
- Control Excess sebum and tighten pores. Reduce irritation. Non-alcoholic formula enriched with Mandelic Acid.
- Target Audience: Women
- EXFOLIATES AND TIGHTEN PORES – Gently exfoliates and helps unclog pores. This special formulation helps tighten your pores without irritation and gives you a refreshing feeling.
- CONTROLS EXCESS OIL – After cleansing, this toner helps remove excess oil and makes your skin fresh and clean. It also contains skin soothing agents that help control excess oil formation.
- REDUCES IRRITATION – The alcohol-free toner contains skin soothing agents that help to control excess oil formation and reduces irritation leaving your skin comfortable and refreshed at all times.
Re’equil Pore Refining Face Toner is an alcohol-free formula that protects your skin from drying out and does not strip the skin of its own moisturisers. Nine botanical extracts namely Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera, Seaweed, Great Burdock, Ivy, Lemon, Watercress, Sage and Common Soapwort help to regulate sebum production and help to relieve your skin from inflammation caused due to acne. This toner helps to deep cleanse, maintain skin pH balance and remove skin debris through a very mild and gentle astringent action. Its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties help to minimise acne and lend a smooth and even structure to your skin.
- Alcohol-free formula
- Maintains skin pH balance
- Regulates sebum production
- Neutralizes acne-causing bacteria
- Refines and minimises enlarged pores
- Form: Liquid
- Ideal For: Men and Women
- Application Area: Face and Neck
- Skin Type: Oily and Acne-prone skin
- Characteristic: Non-comedogenic & Clinically tested
- Goodness: Free from Sulphates, Parabens & Silicones
- Vitamin C – On topical application, Vitamin C helps in reducing large pores & nourishes the skin. It also helps in firming the skin & reducing the appearance of fine lines.
- Cucumber – Rich in water content & antioxidants, Cucumber helps in hydrating the skin. This helps in improving skin elasticity & tightens pores.
- Aloe Vera Extract – Loaded with Enzymes, Vitamin A & C, Aloe Vera naturally soothes dry & stretched skin and nourishes it. It also helps in maintaining the pH balance of the skin.
How to Use:
- Wash your face with Mamaearth sulfate-free face wash.
- Pour the toner on a cotton pad and gently dab it on your face & neck.
- Follow it up with a silicone-free moisturizer.
Features & Benefits:
- TIGHTENS OPEN PORES: The alcohol-free face toner made with natural ingredients helps in tightening open & enlarged pores.
- RESTORES SKIN’S pH BALANCE: Being alcohol-free, the toner makes skin look smooth & healthy by hydrating it and maintaining the pH balance.
- PURIFIES SKIN: A powerhouse ingredient in skincare, Vitamin C in this toner helps in keeping the skin clean, ensuring flawless & healthy skin.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES: Made from natural ingredients, the toner is free from harmful chemicals & is suitable for all skin types. It is also safe for sensitive skin.
- NATURAL & TOXIN FREE: The toner is completely free of Sulfates, Parabens, SLS, Mineral Oil, Petroleum, Colors & Synthetic Fragrance.
- WITH BIOACTIVES: Our Vitamin C Face Toner is enriched with the goodness of Cucumber, Aloe Vera, Glycerin & Witch Hazel.
- DERMATOLOGICALLY TESTED: All Mamaearth products go through strict testing to ensure they are absolutely safe for use.
- PARABEN & SILICON FREE: All our products are completely free of Parabens and Silicones that may cause hormonal changes in the body.
An exclusively well formulated skin toner for oily skin that provides a more thorough cleansing than cleanser alone, it helps to remove excessive oil, dirt, tightens the pores, restore skins natural ph, provides radiance and leaves skin revitalized.
- For oily and sensitive skin
- It helps to remove excessive oil, dirt, tightens the pores, restore skins natural pH, provides radiance and leaves skin revitalized
- Active Ingredients: Cucumber extract, Sage, Aloe Vera and Chamomile
The skin requires a gentle boost after cleansing to rehydrate, tone and prepare it for moisturising. Our pure and active water-based toners are made from floral, fruit and herbal extracts, captured and crystallized at the height of potency, essential to the Ayurvedic philosophy. Rose has cooling, soothing and moisturizing properties. It is naturally hydrating. Its seductive floral scent, promotes a feeling of well-being and harmony.
After steam distilling, precious rose oil’s hydrating fragrant residue becomes the finest rosewater. This fine quality Rosewater has properties for cooling, soothing and moisturizing the skin.
How to Use
Use as a toner after cleansing, or as often as required during the day to keep the skin fresh and hydrated.
Spray onto face and neck whenever required to hydrate and freshen the skin.
- The skin requires a gentle boost after cleansing to rehydrate and tone and prepare it for a nourishing routine
- Revives the skin
- Minimized enlarged open pores
We use age-old Ayurvedic formulations prescribed and researched by Ayurvedic Vaids-scholars who practice an austere code and devotion to their incredible fount of knowledge in Ayurveda. Their expertise in ingredients, formulations, and vedic treatments is then interspersed with the understanding of a modern biochemist to create in harmony, products that have their foundation in India’s oldest science presented in an easy-to-use, luxurious manner.
Handmade using traditional method:
From our organically grown and cold pressed oils, to our steam distilled pure essential oils, everything is made in the traditionally old fashioned way, according to Ayurvedic tenets, and wherever possible, by hand.
Organic Cold-Press Oil:
Cold-pressed oil is obtained from the first press of the ingredient, without external application of heat. This process allows the potent nutrients present in the oil to remain intact. We source pure, fresh and organic fruits and seeds, to which the traditional form of cold-pressing by hand is used to extract their oils. The result is oils that are far superior in quality and efficacy, to their hot-pressed counterparts.
Rare Plants Extracts:
Painstaking research goes into the making of our products. We delve into the depths of ancient texts to arrive at rare ingredients, which when blended together create potent, harmonious infusions and ultimately exquisite products.
Made in India
Forest Essentials celebrates the rich knowledge and heritage of India through its products. We source rare and precious ingredients with care from various parts of the country.
We ignore face toner by thinking that it is not necessary for our skin.But above I have discussed benefits of a face toners.And how does it work on your skin.By reading this blog, I am sure you won’t ignore skin toner from now onwards. Please pick one of them and see the difference on your skin.
And don’t forget to give feedback to us after using one of this product.
For purchasing best and reviewed products, visit our website ‘Ripplenfortunate‘