If you’re dealing with sinus problems, you’ll need one of these Humidifiers.
A heated house in the dead of winter is a wonderful thing, but all that dry, dusty air coming from the radiator? It’s not doing your skin (or your hair) any favors.The best humidifiers can help combat cracking skin, frizzy strands, and even the occasional stuffy nose. It’s one of the best winter skin solutions since it adds moisture back into the air — because low temperatures often mean low levels of humidity.
Here are a few of the best options Amazon as to offer.
Must Read :-
The 10 Best-Selling Air Humidifiers on Amazon
—MOST HIGHLY RATED—
Consumer Score: 70% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: 1 gallon
- Run time: up to 24 hours
- Settings: 3 mist levels
- Dimensions: 17 x 9 x 12 in.
- Weight: 8 lb.
- Cool Mist Humidifier: Add cool moisture to dry air with this quiet humidifier. The 1 gallon tank runs up to 24 hours on low, making this humidifier great for bedrooms & medium sized rooms in your home. UV technology kills 99.9% of bacteria in the water.
- Filtered Cool Moisture: Evaporative Technology blows moisture off a wicking filter, helping it evaporative into the air quickly. It’s not possible to over-humidify with evaporative technology because you can’t add more moisture to the air than it can hold.
- Honeywell Humidifiers: Humidity levels in your home between 40-60% can make the air feel warmer & improve your breathing comfort, sleeping, nasal congestion & dry skin. Dry air can cause static electricity, damage wooden furniture & irritate health issues.
- Humidifiers for Babies, Children, Adults: Humidifiers diffuse moisture into the air, and many find that a humidifier for the home, bedroom or nursery becomes an essential part of a good nights sleep when the air is dry, in allergy season, or when sick.
- Honeywell Quality: Help Improve Air Circulation & Energy Savings in Your Home, Bedroom or Office With Honeywell Fans.
One thing I personally like is that the two lower settings are very quiet, and the strongest setting is loud enough to be used for white noise.
—GOOD FOR LARGE ROOMS—
Consumer Score: 74% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: 1.5 gallons
- Run time: up to 36 hours
- Settings: 3 mist levels, warm, auto mode, timer
- Dimensions: 11 x 7 x 10 in.
- Weight: 5 lb.
- Warm & Cool Mist: The warm mist helps kill bacteria in the water and humidifies the room more quickly , while the cool mist keeps your sinuses and skin hydrated during the summer.
- Ultra Quiet Operation: Near-silent noise levels and a display-off feature help you sleep through the night while the humidifier works.
- Easy to Use: The built-in sensor gauges humidity levels and instantly takes care of adjustments for you. If the tank runs out of water, the LV600HH will automatically shut off to protect you and the device. So you can Set It & Forget It.
- Perfect for Large Room: With a mist output of up to 500 mL/hr, the LV600HH can easily handle spaces as large as 753 ft2 / 70 m2. The large 1. 5 gal / 6 L capacity allows for 36 hours of continuous use with the low mist level.
- Convenient Remote Control: Adjust settings in the middle of the night without leaving the comfort of your bed. On a schedule? Set a 1–12 hour timer so you won’t have to worry about accidentally leaving the humidifier on.
- Easy to Clean: With the tank’s wide opening, you’ll never have trouble cleaning the inside of the humidifier. Note: DO NOT let water enter the air vent while cleaning the humidifier.
- Essential Oil Diffuser: Add your favorite essential oil to the aroma box to give the room a clean, pure, and fresh-smelling aroma. Note: DO NOT add essential oil into the water tank or base, as this will damage the humidifier and cause leaks.
- Save Money: The LV600HH’s filterless design means you never have to spend extra money on replacement parts.
- Extended: Every humidifier comes with a 1-year assurance, with the option to extend it by another year when you register it online. Got questions? Our California-based Customer Support Team is always happy to help.
If you want something powerful that won’t have you returning to a damp house if you forget to turn it off, the LV600HH is the best choice.
Consumer Score: 89% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: 1.1 gallons
- Run time: 12-30 hours
- Settings: 3 mist settings
- Dimensions: 8 x 5 x 12 in.
- Weight: 4 lb.
- Note: Please do not use with essential oils, which will damage the machine and cause leakage problem.
- Quiet operation for bedroom use: Ultrasonic humidifiers are incredibly silent, produces less than 38 db. of noise; perfect for your baby and a disturbance-free sleep at night.
- 4L tank capacity, works for all night: over a gallon of water lasts for 12-30 hour working time on a Full tank; designed to humidify the air in rooms up to 10-30 M²/ 107-322 ft², bedroom, nursery, office and so on.
- Informative LED display: built-in humidistat tells you the current RH; easily choose between three mist levels; set your desired humidity level, 40-60% is best.
- Upgraded version: dustproof sponge prevents dust from getting in the base; two built-in handles for easy-carrying and easy-filling.
- Safe to use: automatically shuts off when water runs out; microporous cartridge filters the water from micro-organisms and bad odor, we recommend you change filters every 4-6 months.
It’s not the largest or most powerful humidifier, but this one from TaoTronics does provide the best value for bedrooms up to 320 square feet. The four-liter tank capacity is big enough to run for 12 to 30 hours before refilling. Its built-in humidistat will inform you of the room’s humidity level, and you can then set your desired level, and it will automatically shut off when water runs out. Like the Honeywell, it does have filters, but TaoTronics recommends changing them only every four to six months.ADVERTISEMENT – CONTINUE READING BELOW
“This highly configurable humidifier disperses mist really well. Although it has a fan, it is still very quiet,” wrote one Amazon reviewer. You can also get a smart version of this humidifier, the TT-AH019, for $70 if you prefer to operate through voice controls or a smartphone app.
Consumer Score: 87% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: 500 ml
- Run time: up to 20 hours
- Settings: 2 mist settings, 3 timer settings, 7 colors
- Dimensions: 7 x 7 x 10 in.
- Weight: 2 lb.
- Larger Capacity and Longer Working Time. Large 500ml essential oil diffuser runs up to 14 hours in low mist mode continuously, providing longer fragrance, cover area up to 269-323sq.ft. Ideal for office, spa, salon, Yoga studio, bedroom,baby, physical therapy studios and any room.
- Super Quiet and Waterless Auto-Off Function. Adopted ultrasonic technology, this aroma diffuser is ultra quiet when working. This essential oil diffuser will turn off automatically after 5s when water runs out for your safety and the protection of the aroma diffuser as well.
- 4-Tmier Setting and Mist Control. 1H/3H/6H/Continuous modes. Press the Power Button to choose a proper time setting. Press the High/Low Button to choose the mist mode, 1 beep for high mist output while 2 beep for low mist output.
- Surprising Gifts. The aromatherapy essential oil diffuser features super modern wood grain, like a decorative piece. It is good choice to use this lovely diffuser as gifts for your friends and families, lovers.
- Enjoy Your Leisure Time. Whenever you feel tired, turn on the TV, play games, or read a book, you could use VicTsing ultrasonic essential oil diffuser spreading elegant fragrance in the living room.
The exterior features an attractive matte wood design, but the device is actually made from a light plastic, which lacks grip and handholds when removing the lid to refill. The water reservoir also isn’t removable from the base, but reviewers like that the device comes with a measuring cup for refilling. T
If you’re struggling to decide between a smaller oil diffuser for aromatherapy or a more powerful dedicated humidifier, this VicTsing provides the best of both.
Consumer Score: 78% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: .4 gallon
- Run time: up to 16 hours
- Settings: 2 mist levels
- Dimensions: 8 x 6 x 9 in.
- Weight: 2 lb.
- ULTRASONIC COOL MIST TECHNOLOGY: Safely moisturizes the air for up to 16 hours of continuous operation so you can breathe easy and get more restful sleep | High and low speed settings make it easy to adjust mist direction and speed to fit your comfort level
- 1.5-LITER WATER TANK: Provides ideal coverage for bedrooms, offices, and other medium-sized rooms
- OPTIONAL NIGHT LIGHT: Offers soothing glow for maximum relaxation
- AUTOMATIC SHUT-OFF: Turns humidifier off when water level is low or the water tank is removed
- WHAT YOU GET: Humidifier, AC power adapter, disk cleaning brush, user manual, industry-leading 5 Year Warranty, caring customer support 7 days a week, and the peace of mind that comes from a trusted brand with millions of customers worldwide.
Users who put it in their bedroom enjoyed its quiet operation and using the blue glow as a nightlight. “Even though the function is excellent, I’m also impressed by how silent the machine is. We put it in our bedroom, and I have no problem falling asleep,” wrote one reviewer on Amazon.
6. Vicks V750
Good Housekeeping also named it the best warm-mist humidifier
Consumer Score: 72% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: 1 gallon
- Run time: up to 12 hours
- Settings: 2 mist settings and light
- Dimensions: 12 x 7 x 14 in.
- Weight: 5 lb.
- Warm-mist humidifiers are good options if you just want to combat the occasional cold, rather than run them all winter. And this one from Vicks is a popular, well-reviewed, and affordable warm-mist option.
- Quiet operation
- The ultrasonic humidifier makes it easy to clean and fill, and the wicking filter removes impurities from water. Use Vicks Menthol VapoPads for an even more soothing experience
- This humidifier helps add cool moisture into the air. Many women and men find that a humidifier for the bedroom becomes an essential part of a good night’s sleep when the air is dry, in allergy season, or when sick
- When you or your kid has a cold, it can be difficult to sleep through the night. Humidifiers and vaporizers provide temporary relief from coughing and congestion, so your rest won’t be as disturbed by coughing fits.
- It includes a scent pad heater for Vicks VapoPads and a medicine cup to add Vicks VapoSteam or other liquids inhalants if just the added humidity isn’t enough to help clear up a cold.
Consumer Score: 77% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: 1.4 gallons
- Settings: 2 speeds
- Dimensions: 11 x 12 x 10 in.
- Weight: 7 lb.
- If you’re willing to make a large investment, the Venta could be your humidifier. Like the Honeywell, it’s an evaporative model that’s very efficient with a two-gallon tank, requiring cleaning only every 10 to 14 days.
- Humidifies dry room air while simultaneously purifying it by removing dust, pollen, pet dander, and other allergens
- For spaces up to 400 square feet, making it ideal for a living room or master bedroom
- Filter-free, energy efficient operation
- Produces no ions, ozone, or white dust
- 2-gallon water reservoir with auto shutoff and water level indicator
- it is an efficient, space-saving way to slightly reduce contaminants in your home’s air.
- You’ll also have to regularly pay for Venta’s Air Wash cleaner, though this may end up costing less than purchasing a separate air purifier and filters.
It “performed extremely well and is impressively energy efficient,” it’s only worth the high price “if you are willing to pay a lot more money up front for lower power consumption and less-frequent refills and cleanings.”
8. Urpower Essential Oil Diffuser and Cool Mist Humidifier
Consumer Score: 84% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: 100 ml
- Run time: up to 6 hours
- Settings: 2 mist, 7 color
- Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 5.5 in.
- Weight: 11 oz.
- Better as an essential oil diffuser than a humidifier, the Urpower is a cheap option for those who simply want some aromatherapy.
- URPOWER New Version: The URPOWER Ultrasonic Aroma Essential Oil Diffuser is an upgraded version. The 2nd generation produces more mist than old version. An ideal way to add moist, comfortable air to small bedrooms, hotel rooms, tabletops and even workplace cubicles
- Please use 100% pure essential oils with no corrosivity, Ultrasonic aroma essential oil diffuser is safe and does not harm the essential oil of any ingredients
- Outlet shouldn’t be inserted cord that exceeds the maximum voltage. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to give your room a pleasant scent.
- Features include 7 color changing lamps for your choice, nightlight, programmable on/off cycles and auto shut-off.once the water runs out,it wil be auto shut-off to protect the device
- Content: 100ml, Material: PP Hard plastic, Working time: Up to 6 hours, Adjustable two mist settings: Continuously and intermittently, whisper-quiet operation won’t interfere with your sleep.
With 30,000 reviews on Amazon, most users love this diffuser for aromatherapy and to add a bit more humidity at night next to a bed. One reviewer wrote that, “one of my favorite things about it is that it’s so quiet, you hardly know it’s running other than seeing the mist and [hearing] a very, very slight sound.”
Consumer Score: 77% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: 1.3 gallons
- Run time: up to 24 hours
- Settings: mist scroll wheel, bright/dim/off lights
- Dimensions: 9 x 9 x 13 in.
- Weight: 6 lb.
- Honeywell offers all kinds of humidifiers, from the Cool Mist Evaporative model to this Designer Series ultrasonic.
- Its best feature is its inconspicuous design that won’t be an eyesore in your living spaces without sacrificing quality.
- COOL MIST COMFORT: This filter free, ultra quiet humidifier provides cool mist comfort with style! It features adjustable mist output control & an illuminated water window with adjustable tank light
- AROMATHERAPY & EASY-FILL DESIGN: Add a few drops of your favorite oils to the Essential Oil Tray for added aromatherapy comfort. A 1.25 gallon tank features a wide opening that’s easy to fill & clean
- HONEYWELL HUMIDIFIERS: Dry air can irritate health issues & humidity levels in your home between 40-60% can make the air feel warmer & improve breathing comfort, sleeping, nasal congestion & dry skin
- HUMIDIFIERS FOR BABIES, CHILDREN, ADULTS: Many find that a humidifier for the home, bedroom or nursery is an essential part of a good nights sleep when the air is dry, in allergy season, or when sick
- HONEYWELL QUALITY: Improve humidity levels in your home & improve your comfort with a Honeywell humidifier.
If you’re on the fence between getting a full-size humidifier or essential-oil diffuser, know that this model also has an essential oil tray for you to add your favorite fragrances. Many Amazon reviewers found it easy to maintain the 1.25-gallon tank, though some experienced issues with it leaking after months of use.
Consumer Score: 79% give it 4 stars or higher
- Water capacity: 1.6 gallons
- Run time: up to 50 hours
- Settings: 2 mist settings
- Dimensions: 14 x 12 x 8 in.
- Weight: 4 lb
- The Everlasting Comfort humidifier is a safe bet. It has the same six-liter capacity as the Levoit, but with a slightly lower mist output for rooms up to 500 square feet.
- On the high mist setting, it can output up to nine ounces of water per hour.
- COOL MIST HUMIDIFIER – Featuring a 6L (1.6gal) tank, with a super high mist output our ultrasonic humidifier for bedroom works with rooms up to 500 square feet and lasts 50 straight hours.
- ESSENTIAL OIL TRAY – Features a tray where you can add essential oils similar to an oil humidifier diffuser. The cool mist air humidifier fan then circulates the oils into the mist giving you a clean, pure and fresh smelling aroma. Ideal baby humidifier featuring a blue LED nightlight.
- HELPS REDUCE ILLNESSES – Decrease the risk of illness by keeping the relative humidity above 43. A humidifier in the bedroom or nursery helps provide adults and babies with a good night’s sleep by diffusing moisture into the dry air, helping with coughs and clearing sinuses.
- AUTO SHUT OFF – The vaporizer humidifier will automatically turn off when it runs out of water preventing damage to the unit and keeping you safe.
- NO EXPENSIVE FILTERS NEEDED – Our unique design eliminates the need for a filter, making us the best ultrasonic humidifier on the market.
Like the Honeywell Designer Series, it also has a tray to hold essential oils for aromatherapy. Reviewers report that it can run for several nights on low without needing refills. While most didn’t have issues refilling and cleaning this model, the tank requires filling from the bottom instead of the top, so you’ll have to flip it upside down and use the removable cap to avoid spilling. Because this tank is bigger than most, the design may be more cumbersome to fill under some sinks and carry back to the humidifier.
Why You Should Consider A Portable Humidifier
No more waking up parched.
Unlike whole-home humidifiers installed by HVAC contractors, these “portable” ones are easy and affordable but still powerful devices for cutting down on dry air. Using a humidifier in your living room or bedroom while you sleep can help prevent dry sinuses and chapped hands and lips, as well as decrease static electricity.
Must Read :-
Though winter may be the worst culprit when it comes to stealing moisture from the air (which can also dry out wood furniture, floors, paint, and wallpaper), air conditioner use in summer can exacerbate it, too. Running a humidifier year-round could help if your house’s humidity levels are below the ideal range of 30 to 60 percent. If you don’t already know the level in your house, you can test it with an $11 hygrometer.
Finally, despite all of the benefits of humidifiers, consider before buying if you can actually commit to the care and maintenance they require. Dirty humidifiers will only pose more health risks, since the water can become a breeding ground for germs and bacteria, which it will then pump into the air. Most of these machines require at least weekly cleaning and daily refills, though some of the best models have design features that make this upkeep easier.
What Type of Humidifier Should You Buy?
Must Read :-
Cool mist models are the most common because they use a small fan to circulate cooler air, making them safer to use around children. But may require more cleaning to stave off mold compared to warm mist devices. Both ultrasonic and evaporative humidifiers may use a cool mist.
Using a heating element to boil water and make steam, warm mist humidifiers may add some nice heat in the winter but are best kept away from children. You can also use these humidifiers with medicinal inhalants for cough or cold relief.
These popular choices use high-frequency vibration with quiet fans to produce a fine mist. However, they must be raised off the ground to prevent puddling water on the floor and may create more white dust around the room if you use unfiltered tap water.
These humidifiers use wick filters and fans to release actual water vapor into the air. Though the wick requires replacing, an evaporative humidifier usually causes less mold or mildew growth and doesn’t produce over-condensation on the floor like ultrasonic models.
A Final Word
Did you know that it is humidity which makes us sweat, and not the heat? Of course, you can die of thirst and dehydration from heat in the Arabian desert, and dream up oases in the cruel sand realm. But still, humidity sucks, and much more than heat for most of the world.
The indoor air can at times be really fussy. Either it’s really humid or pretty dry, too hot, or really cold. Predominantly all through the winter season, the people who are trying to keep their house warm frequently require dealing with really dry air triggered by the stumpy level of humidity. This gives rise to a wide range of problems, starting from the maddening sinuses to the bloody nose to chapped lips.
We hope this article helped you understand how you can differentiate between various Humidifiers and how you can choose the best one for yourself. We also hope that our list of recommendations made it easier for you to decide which one you would like to buy.
- Fragrance that speaks to your heart
- Fragrance; Transform the man into a Gentleman!
- 10 Car Air Freshener that brings Good Vibes!