What do you think about Yoga ?
According to me, Yoga day is not folding your body like there is no bone in it. Yoga is adding strength, energy, and beauty. It gives balance to body, mind, and soul.
As whole world is facing pandemic COVID-19.During this we got to know that fitness is important for everyone from infant to old people.There is no age of doing Yoga.
Remember those days when you are infant and there was a DaiMaa at your home daily to massage your body and do some exercise.
In today’s time also we still have DaiMaa whenever there is a baby in our house.
Alan Finger, rightly said, “Yoga adds years to your life and life to your years.”
So, again we are celebrating International Yoga Day in India and all across the world.Every 21st June is a fixed day to acknowledge World’s most significant and big event – World Yoga Day.
In Sanskrit, the word ‘Yoga’ signifies join or to unite, which symbolizes the union of body, awareness and the quality of reacting quickly and positively.
In Hinduism, Yoga is a Hindu- spiritual and austere practice including breath control, simple meditation, and the acceptance of certain physical postures. Yoga is widely practiced for health and relaxation.
International Yoga Day in India
International Yoga Day 2020, the sixth edition of yoga day focus on yoga at home with family members.
For the observance of World Yoga Day, the Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi had already launched blogging contest “My Life, My Yoga” jointly organized by the Ministry of AYUSH(MoA) and the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR). The contest mainly focuses on the impact of yoga on individual transformation.To participate, people would need to make a 3-minute video and upload it. In that video, you have to perform yoga or asanas which you usually do in your daily life and also tell people how yoga has changed your life. It is the best way to get involved in International Yoga Day.
Theme of International Day of Yoga 2020 is -“Yoga at home and Yoga with family”.
The theme is declared by the Ministry of Ayush India and with the United States. This year’s theme shares a message that during COVID-19 people must stay home with family and should do yoga regularly as it is shown that yoga can be one of the best therapeutic during a pandemic.
When it was started?
All Over the World
This all started on September 27 in the year 2014 when Prime Minister Narendra Modi proposed in his UNGA address, he suggested that June 21, 2014.
Why we are celebrating JUNE 21 as International Yoga Day?
One of the reasons why Mrs. Narendra Modi proposed the day of June 21 as International Yoga Day is because it is the longest day in a year.
June 21, as the longest day, holds significance in several parts of the world.
From the context of yoga, the summer solstice marks the transition to Dakshinayana. It is the six-month period between the Summer solstice and Winter solstice. The first full moon after Summer solstice is called as Guru Poornima. Dakshinayana is also considered a time when there is natural support for those pursuing spiritual practices such as Yoga.
God Shiva is said to have begun imparting the knowledge of yoga to mankind on this day.
Another reason behind June 21 being adopted for holding yoga day is that it is the day of the summer solstice, which means that the axis of the planet is most inclined towards the star that it orbits which in the case of Earth is the Sun.
Why it was started?
“Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient traditions. Yoga embodies unity of mind, body, thought and action; restraint and execution; harmony between the man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover a sense of oneness with you, world and nature. By changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, it can help in healthy living.
Why United Nations Also Adopted International Yoga Day?
- Knowing the importance of individuals and populations building healthiest choice and following standard of living patterns that foster good health.
- Underlining the fact that global health is a long-term growth goal.
- Understanding that Yoga provides a holistic approach to health and healthy living.
- Noticing also that broader distribution of information about the profits of practicing yoga would be beneficial for the health of the world population.
Where was it bought in action for the first time?
The United Nations declared June 21 is International Yoga Day on December 11, 2014. 1st program of International Yoga Day held on June 21, 2015, at Rajpath in national capital witnessed by PM Mrs Narendra Modi performing Yoga along with over 200 million people across the country. Including over 37,000 people in Delhi. The second time it was held in Chandigarh with the participation of over 30,000 people in the presence of Prime Minister.
Objectives of World Yoga Day
International Yoga day has been implemented to fulfill the following objectives:
- Let people know the amazing and natural benefits of yoga.
- Connect the people with nature by practicing yoga.
- To make the people get used to meditation through yoga.
- Grab the attention of people worldwide towards the holistic benefits of yoga.
- Increase the growth, development and spread peace all through the world.
- Help people in their bad situations themselves by getting relief from tension through yoga.
- Strengthen global synchronization among people through yoga.
- To win overall health challenges through regular yoga practice.
- To promote the good mental and physical health of people through yoga practice.
Benefits of YOGA-
- By doing Yoga daily we can enhance body, focus and can increase your memory and productivity.
- Yoga can relieve your muscle pain and helps to improve your overall health.
- It helps to strengthen your body and stabilize your spine which can relieve your back pain, stress, and tension.
- It stabilizes your mind body and soul and fulfills it by peace and joy.
Which Yoga Style do you need to follow?
Beginners need to be aware of the fact that there are different forms of yoga that you can practice. Fast-paced, slow-paced, meditative and restorative are some of the different forms of yoga that you can practice. Each style of yoga is very different from the other and the benefits also vary. Choosing the right yoga style depends on a lot of factors such as your age, fitness goals, level of activity, current level and temperament. Beginners need to experiment with different styles of yoga to decide which form will meet your needs.
What do you Need to Wear?
There are no recommended clothes for practicing yoga. You can wear anything that makes you feel comfortable such as leggings, yoga pants or sweatpants. However, make sure that you don’t wear too tight clothes that not only cause discomfort but also makes it difficult to stretch your body. In addition, you also need to spend on a good yoga mat so that you can practice yoga comfortably.
What can you Eat before Yoga?
Avoid eating anything before your yoga session. Practicing yoga on a full stomach will make you very uncomfortable. Make sure that your stomach is empty during the yoga session. There need to be at least 2-4 hours of gap between your workout and yoga session. If you don’t want to practice yoga on an empty stomach, you can drink a cup of green tea or coffee before your yoga sessions.
What is the Best Time to Practice Yoga?
The best time to practice yoga is in the mornings. Starting your day with a session of yoga will help you stay energetic and focused throughout the day. The reason is fresh air in the morning helps you get ready for the challenges of the day. As your muscles are quite stiff in the morning, practicing yoga at this time stretches your muscles and also adds flexibility.
How Many Times do you need to Practice Yoga in a Week?
Depending on your schedule, you can either attend yoga classes once a week or daily. Practicing yoga once in a day even for 5 minutes can be very beneficial for you. The best part is you can take up yoga classes as frequently as you need. If you don’t have the time to attend classes, you can practice yoga in your living room. However, make sure that you breathe right to avoid when practicing yoga at home.
Some equipment you need while doing Yoga:-
- DURABLE & ECO FRIENDLY YOGA MAT – The EVA material is extremely durable and eco friendly. It lasts upto 5 times more than a regular plasticity mat! The material is biodegradable and free from PVC, silicon, latex and other toxic materials. We believe in creating quality and Eco friendly products for our customers!
- SWEAT RESISTANT AND WASHABLE YOGA MAT – Next time don’t stress when you sweat while doing yoga. The yoga mat is completely sweat resistant and has a Moisture resistant Technology which makes the mat easily washable with soap and water.
- This Yoga Mat is designed to give you the most comfortable yoga experience possible. The extra thick mat protects joints without compromising support or stability
- This yoga mat is Light weighted, Durable and has non-slip surface so you can perform any movement with confident.The subtly textured surface prevents hands and feet from slipping out of position so you can hold. It is suitable for Non-slip on Wood Floor, Cement Floor, Tiles Floor.
- Care Tips: Do not place in washing machine or dryer, Please clean before and after using, clean regularly and keep it dry for healthy using.
This Fitness Exercise Resistance Band helps you strengthen your entire body while increasing flexibility. It is much more effective than weights as it expands to help you with different stretching exercises. The flexibility of this band allows you to do a range of lower and upper body exercises. It is a total body fitness equipment that builds muscles, flexibility and balance. The band handle is also comfortable to try strenuous routines without straining your hands. It is portable and gives you the freedom to do workouts in your home, gym or take it with you outdoors on picnics, trips and travel.
- 100% non-toxic and eco-friendly. Non-slip even sweat.
- Lightweight, high-density and sturdy foam for long-lasting durability.
- Beveled edges provides soft grip. Moisture-proof material keeps bacterial away.
- Deepens, elongate your stretches and aligns your posture perfectly, fit for all fitness levels.
- Perfect for on-the-go, in the studio, or at home use.
- Care Instructions: Hand Wash Only
- Material: Polyester |Tights with Sweat Wicking, Quick Dry Polyester Fabric, Lightweight & Breathable
- Length: Ankle Length (38 inches),Material Composition-90% Polyester 10% Spandex , 4 way Stretchable
- Ideal for Fitness, Gym,yoga ,Workout and Active wear and all sports activities
- Push up leggings, 4-way stretch, no see though high quality stitching: the material will stretch and adjust to highlight the curves that you want, hide the rolls that you don’t want. Total freedom of movement, tight-fitted supports, speeds recovery.
- Versatile: no matter to the gym, the wine bar or to your couch, you will find it looked the part and a perfect well-made wardrobe staple. 30 days no risk 100% full refund assurance.
- We are one of the largest manufacturers and using world class nylon fabric for our compression wear, 77% nylon 23% spandex. Smooth and ultra soft fabric that provides extreme comfort and control with excellent elasticity, enhanced range of motion and durability
- Fast-dry technology – releases heat and wicks moisture away with cooling effect keeping you drier and cooler for longer
- Why nylon compression. – nylon compression provides more oxygen filled blood to active muscles, increasing endurance, power, efficiency and promotes recovery after hard workouts. It also helps to control blood flow and prevent soreness
- Uv protection – our fabric protects your skin from sun’s harmful uv rays also preventing tanning
- 100% cotton, extra soft and absorbent
- Plush 500 GSM towels
- Long-lasting fade resistant fabric
- Size: 60×40 cm
- Pack contents: 2 hand towels
- Colours: Iris blue and spring green
- Easy to use: Our advance design let you open the lid with just a simple push of the bottom
- You can open and drink with one hand, let you stay hydrated while performing other actions
- The mixer ball wire whisk— add your ingredients, drop in the FITKIT classic protein shaker mixer sports bottle, and shake
- In-box Contents: eco friendly, safe for all
On the Occasion of International Yoga Day the Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH ” Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha” announced two mobile applications for Yoga Day that is ” Yoga Locator” and “Bhuvan App”. These two apps are related to International Yoga Day 2019.
So, let’s start practicing YOGA and make it part of our daily routine.
For purchasing best and reviewed product visit our website ‘Ripplenfortunate’ – “https://www.ripplenfortunate.com/blog/“