Whether you are a student, working professional or a teacher, you can’t deny the fact that pen drives are the most useful devices for storing your data. These pocket-friendly and handy devices are extremely fast in transferring your data from one device to another in a hassle-free and quick way.
You get the benefit of being able to carry them anywhere and yet store and share a large amount of data. But given the options available, it becomes essential that we buy the best among the best. If you are looking to buy yourself a pen drive that will make your life easier then you have come to the right place.
Top 10 Best Pen Drives in India
Let us now reveal our top 10 picks for the best pen drives you can find online in India.
With its ultra-portable and compact nature, it is your perfect bet when it comes to the pen drive.
- It comes with a storage capacity of 8gb, 16gb, 32gb, 64gb, and 128gb as well.
- Because it comes in such high storage capacities, one can easily accommodate all the media files like photos and videos.
- The pen drive has a cap-less opening mechanism in the most popular elongated pen design.
- The most important thing is that this device comes with a 5 year warranty period.
- Other important features include secure software access that protects your valuable data from intruders, a USB 2.0 Hard drive interface and operating system windows 10, 8.1, 8.7 And Linux.
- Overall, it is indeed a good buy in spite of being a USB 2.0 Variant.
The instant attracting point of this pen drive is the look and the great finish.
- The pen drive is very lightweight and easy to carry anywhere.
- The pen drive has an ergonomic wave body and an anti-fingerprint finish.
- The speed is excellent on a 3.0 Port at about 60 Mbps.
- It has faster processing speeds than SanDisk’s other products while being inexpensive.
- Other points that make this a must-buy are its size, which is not too big or not too small and its non-slippery design.
- The pen drive will not experience heating issues even after prolonged use.
- However, this one only comes in one color option that is white.
This pen drive has a sturdy design fabricated in premium quality material.
- The smooth surface and a completely aligned appearance makes it very easy to use and adds to its visual appeal.
- The compact and lightweight nature enables anyone to carry it wherever you like easily.
- The pen drive is extremely secure, reliable and fast to process the task having a transfer speed of up to 100MB/s2.
- It also comes in the capacity of 256GB making it even more capable of storing large files.
- This pen drive is enabled with SanDisk secure access software as well that lets you password-protect your folders.
- The pen drive also has a 5-year limited warranty from the manufacturer as well. All in all, it is a good buy.
This pen drive is the perfect companion for your pockets and handbags. It offers a storage capacity of 16GB. In spite of being small, it has high-end speed, durability, and connectivity.
- The durable metal casing with opaque plastic at the end of the body gives this device an ergonomic finish.
- It transfers files within seconds and stores a considerable amount of data.
- The body of the pen drive also comes with a strap hole which allows the user to hang the pen drive when needed.
- The pen drive is waterproof, dustproof, temperature proof, shockproof and vibration proof. At 14 MB/s read speed and 4 MB/s write speed, it is truly a must-have product.
It has a high-speed data transfer mechanism that lets you transfer big data files within the devices.
- This pen drive has a metal keychain mechanism along with a small strap hole that enables you to hang it anywhere you want.
- With its lightweight nature, the pen drive is easy to carry and keep.
- The high-quality flash memory component gives it maximum reliability and fast data transmission.
- The dimensions of the product are 1 x 8 x 5 cms with a hardware platform of pc and mac.
- Overall it has good features for a valuable price.
Featuring in the 6th position we have the Kingston data traveler SE9. With its stylish metal casing design and small form factor, it appeals to the user instantly.
- The device supports Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and Mac.
- The convenient small capless design makes it pocket-friendly and easy to carry anywhere, anytime.
- It has storage capacities up to 64GB leaving you with plenty of space to store your important files and folders.
- It is a USB 2.0 Pen drive that comes with a 5-year manufacturer warranty and free technical support.
- Other than this, the pen drive comes in many color options as well.
- The write speed is about 8.32 Mbps and the read speed is up to 25 Mbps.
- Considering a USB 2.0 Variant, it indeed has some impressive feature that makes it a great buy.
Next up is the transcend 32gb Jetflash 700 pen drive. The entire body of the pen drive is fabricated with ultrasonic welding technology that has a sturdy structure and smooth surface with a streamlined appearance.
- It has a USB 3.0 Port and a transfer speed rate of 70 Mbps with a write speed of 20 Mbps due to its latest toggle TLC flash technology.
- It is extremely fast to transfer all your big files and thus, less time-consuming.
- It has a cap that protects the pen drive from dust and liquid spills while also being light and portable to carry anywhere.
- Not only this, but the pen drive also comes with a software that can be downloaded and installed from the manufacturer’s website so that you can easily perform incremental backups and compress files with 256-bit AES encryption.
- Other than all these features, it has a limited lifetime warranty and a bright led usage status indicator too.
Next up on the eighth position is the Kingston USB 3.0 Pen drive. This pen drive has great functionality and form factor in convenient small storage.
- The USB OTG standard allows mobile devices to directly connect to supported USB devices.
- You can even use MicroUSB ports with this device that is usually used for charging devices, as expansion ports for extra storage space.
- This pen drive is available in USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 versions as well.
- It is very small, compact and lightweight to carry.
- The sleek design and rotating cap protect the device from any kind of damage.
- It is apt for storing all your large files while traveling and the duo gives it a plug-and-play functionality to devices like tablets and smartphones without MicroSD ports.
- Another extremely important feature is that it comes with an included lanyard.
- All these features make it the best choice among many other pen drives.
Debuting on the 9th place is the SanDisk ultra-fit 64 GB USB 3.0 Pen drive.
- This is a compact, low profile flash drive that is extremely handy so that you can carry it anywhere.
- The storage capacity of the pen drive is about 64gb that will provide an ample amount of space to store your files.
- To ensure that your data is safe, the device has an in-built SanDisk secure access software that has 128-bit encryption.
- The most striking feature is that it comes with a one-year subscription to rescue pro deluxe recovery software in case you lose any of your data and wish to recover it.
- Overall, it is a great choice in case you are looking for a strong and sturdy yet stylish pen drive.
It is compatible with PC and Mac computer systems. The simple plug and play function allows the user to access and transfer the files with lightning speed due to its dual Micro-B USB 2.0 and standard Type-A USB 3.0 connectors.
- The device has a read speed of 130mb/s and the write speed of 100 MB/s . designed perfectly to fit your needs, this device is very easy to carry and keep anywhere.
- With its high storage capacity, you can store up to 26,000 photos and 960 minutes of 1080p HD video easily.
- Also, its an OTG pendrive, which means it can be used with smartphone and laptops or computers.
- With the so many features it can be one of the best OTG pendrive that you looking for.
- Overall, it is a great option within other products of the same price range.
How to Choose a Pen Drive in India?
Here are a few important things you should pay attention to while buying the pen drive (flash drive) in India.
Consider your Storage Needs (16GB, 32GB, 64GB, etc.)
This is the determining factor when purchasing any pen drive for many of us. Manufacturers these days do not manufacture low storage capacity pen drives as the demand is very less.
However, pen drives come in various storage capacities, the most popular ones being 16gb, 32gb, 64gb, 128GB and so on. Depending upon your work requirements you can opt to buy any of these. The price obviously varies with more storage capacity variants.
Type of USB (USB 2.0 Or USB 3.0)
The next point to consider is the type of USB port. The USB ports are the interface where your device can interact with the pen drive. The pen drives come in different variants like USB 3.0, USB 3.1, USB 3.2.
The difference between all these types is their speed and accessibility. The USB 3.1 And 3.2 Usually have more reading and writing speed than USB 2.0 Or 2.1, Typically ranging between 1200 MB/sec to 2500 MB/sec. As a result of increased speed and accessibility, the USB 3.1 And 3.2 Versions are popular in the market.
Physical Size, Design & Style
Another important factor is the physical appearance of the device, its size, and style.
Talking about the physical appearance, then pen drives come in the look-alikes of a credit card, wrist band, keychain, dummy head and of course the standard ones. One can choose any of these styles depending upon his/her taste and use.
Their physical design nonetheless has nothing to do with their storage capacity. The inside packaging is all the same. The size of the pen drive is also important as bigger ones may not connect to the port of your device.
Durability & Sturdiness
Need a sturdy pen drive? – Choose the one that is made from the metal.
Because pen drives are handy, they can be carried anywhere. But that does not mean that they can’t get damaged. Hence, choosing a pen drive that is made from the metal casing is always a good idea.
Metal body pen drives are stronger that can handle any type of wear and tear easily. Choose sturdy ones that do not have overheating issues
Pay attention to Manufacturer Warranty
No electrical equipment should be purchased without a proper warranty period and the same is true for the pen drive. Different manufacturers give different warranty periods on pen drives.
It is important because there may be chances that the pen drives may get damaged externally or internally. The proper warranty ensures that you get the best services possible.
The price of the pen drives depends on the brand, size and mainly the storage capacity. The price goes up as the storage capacity increases. But the prices may drop if there is another variant available in the market.
Pen drives from brands like Samsung or Sandisk tend to be more expensive compared to others. The usual price for a 128gb variant would be 300 to 700 rupees on best buy anywhere.
It’s often hard to figure out what makes one flash drive different from the other, especially when devices with the same amount of storage can often be priced very differently. We hope this article helped you understand how you can differentiate between various pen drives and how you can choose the best one for yourself. We also hope that our list of recommendations made it easier for you to decide which one you would like to buy.
Related Posts :-