Inverter the most important and amazing invention which provide electricity after power cut.Now a days, without inverter we can’t survive.As in our home most of the appliances is work on electricity, after power cut the magic would happen and after 1 second some appliances start working again and it is done by the Inverter.
Role of an Inverter
The basic role of an inverter is the conversion of one form of energy to another form. The DC form of power is stored in the batteries and it gets converted into AC form.
Then, it is supplied to other appliances during power cuts. The quality, efficiency and battery capacity decide the appliance and its quantity that can run on the inverter.
The higher capacitance of the inverter battery implies a larger appliance quantity that can be provided with back-up by the UPS for a longer duration.
Types of an Inverter
There are mainly two types of inverters available in India, and knowing their working, you can choose which will be the best inverter for your home.
Sine wave Inverter
The sine wave inverters convert a straight DC signal AC signal, or the output of this type of inverter is close to AC, which is purer form than the square wave inverter and won’t heat the appliances and suitable for home use. He only drawback is that they are expensive. The devices it can support with safety are Computers, laptops, refrigerators, ovens, television, etc.
Square wave Inverter
A Square wave inverter is usually cheaper than the Sine wave inverter and mostly supports appliance that uses motors alone. They are not safe for home appliances as they heat them.
Modified Sine Wave Inverter
A more affordable form of sine wave inverter. Also known as all-purpose inverters that use the primary form of technology and give backup to simple electronics like bulbs, fans, phone chargers, etc.
Features to consider while purchasing an Inverter
Power requirement at home
The most crucial factor while selecting an inverter is the power requirement at your home. You have first to decide which appliances you want a backup for, fan, tube lights, television, refrigerator, or just a simple CFL. The number of electrical appliances you wish to run in your home will decide the power requirements you need.For example, it is easy to understand by calculating the power consumption of these appliances.
1 fan takes – 70 watts1 tube light – 60 watts1 television – 120 wattsTotal power requirement to run 1 televison, 2 fans and 3 lights = 120 X1 + 70X 2 + 60 X 3 = 440 Watts
Battery size & Capacity
A large power consumption will need a more extensive battery backup. It’s crucial to select the battery capacity you need before looking or a suitable inverter The amount of electricity one uses, and the type of battery needs to be checked before buying an inverter as a battery will drain off quickly if your consumption is significant.
It is always recommended to buy an inverter, and its battery from reputed brands as the non- branded might be cheaper for you but will end up spoiling your electronics due to their poor quality and will increase service cost. An inverter is a one-time investment, so never compromise on the quality and buy the inverter brand that has approved ISI marking. Few available online brands like Luminous and Amaron also give you excellent after-sales support, so look for these types of brands only.
Safety should be an utmost concern if it is related to electricity so while buying an inverter, so you must look for an inverter that comes with features like wrong wiring alarm, short circuit alarm, over-volt protection, overload indicator, etc.
VA stands for Voltage ampere, which must be considered to balance between the number of batteries you will use as more appliances you want to run should have a large inverter with a high capacity battery, so it should be ok with a total load of your appliances.
To understand it better, Luminous has given a load calculator, which will help you find the best inverter for your home. Check it out.
The size of an inverter is important as whichever inverter you select should be efficient enough to run all appliances without any interruption, so if consumption is more, it’s essential to buy a large size inverter.
A well-branded inverter will come with a minimum of one year warranty, so pay close attention to all the warranty parts covered and period of warranty that will help help you a lot in the longer run.
List of Best Inverters
Luminous zelio home ups is India’s most intelligent home ups with features such as power back-up time display in hours and minutes, hassle free battery water level maintenance, mcb protection and is equipped with bypass switch which keeps supplying output from grid even in case of home ups faults.
- Protection: Overload, deep discharge, short-circuit, Reverse polarity & Input mains protection through MCB.
- LED Display for status of Power back-up / battery charging time in Hours and Minute
- Running Load :- 3 CFL, 3 Tube light, 3 Ceiling Fan, 1 Television, 1 air Cooler
- Battery System :- Single battery / 12V; Capacity : 900 VA, Rated Power: 756W. Supports wide battery range, i.e. Flat Plate, Tubular & VRLA (SMF). Battery is not included with this purchase
- Noiseless Operations with the help of low harmonic distortion
- Easy Returns: This product is eligible for full refund within 10 days of delivery in case of any product defects, damage or features not matching the description provided
- Safe for sensitive appliances with Sine wave out-put.
- 900 VA Inverter
- 24 Month Warranty
- India’s most intelligent Home UPS with 32 bit DSP Processor
- Safe for sensitive appliances with sine wave out-put
- MCB for protection from Input mains
- LED Display for status of Power back-up / battery charging time in Hours and Minute
- Bypass switch for supplying output directly from grid in case of Home UPS fault.
- Battery – Red Charge RC 18000
- 150 Ah capacity, 12V
- Warranty 36* Months
- Tubular Technology battery Robust Tubular plates
- Low antimony alloy used for low maintenance
- Suitable for areas with frequent and long power cuts
- Excellent overcharge tolerance (accepts very deep discharge-suitable for areas with long power cut)
- Factory charge battery in ready to use condition
- High Durability with sealed plastic housing
- No of Batteries in Combo 01
Reference load chart
|Appliances/Electronics||No. of Appliances used at the time of power cut|
|LED TV 40″||1||2|
|LED Bulb 9W||3||6|
|LED Tubelight 24W||2||4|
|Fridge (250 Litre)||1||0|
|AC (1.5 Tonne)||0||0|
|Total Watt (Consumption)||578||516|
Recommend battery options and Backup Time
|Battery||Backup for 578W||Backup for 516W|
|150Ah Rating||100 Min||115 Min|
Microtek UPS SEBz Series is Micro Controller design based , LARGEST SELLING SERIES of Extend-ed Backup External Battery UPS Systems. It comes with many user friendly features. It has Voltage Range Selection Switch and can be operated in Standard Voltage Range from 100V~300V and Narrow Voltage Range from 180V~260V. UPS SEBz Series Models are based on Intelli Pure Sinewave Technology which ensures Noiseless,Safe and Efficient Performance along with Longer Backup
- It is a Premium Product that comes with Multiple Features such as In-Built Bypass Switch and IBGM (Intelli Battery Gravity Management) Technology.
- It has Battery type Selection Switch for Tubular and Flat Plate Battery type and also Voltage Range Selection Switch.
- All Microtek UPS 24×7 Series Models are based on IPS Technology and Saves Electricity so that every UPS 24×7 becomes free in 3 Years.
|Rated Capacity||1125 VA|
|Output Power||900 Watts|
|Battery||1 Battery System (12 VDC)|
Luminous Eco Watt + 850 is the No. 1 selling Home UPS system. It is an efficient inverter built with advanced PCB programming, microprocessor and FSW transformer. It has extra load handling capacity to run more loads than other UPS of similar ratings and inbuilt intelligent thermal management system to shut down the system in case of overheating. It has a three-stage charging system which offers safe & efficient charging and ensures a long working life of the battery. The battery charging of the UPS commences even at input voltage as low as 110V AC.
- Battery: Supports a single battery. The battery can be a flat plate, tubular, VRLA, or SMF
- Inverter Type: Square wave output ensuring the safety of your appliances
- Protection: Overload, deep discharge, short-circuit, reverse polarity & input mains protection
- Processor: Built with advanced PCB programming, microprocessor and FSW transformer
- Compatible: CFL, tube light, ceiling fan, bulb, LED TV, refrigerator
- Maximum Power Consumption: 516 watts – 578 watts; Recommended Battery Capacity: 120 Ah – 150Ah
- Warranty: 2 years on manufacturing defects.
V-Guard Prime 1150 Digital Sinewave UPS is equipped with multiple features such as battery topping reminder to avoid unnecessary hassles, performance selection switch to control the performance of the connected appliances and Battery Gravity Builder to keep your battery healthy. It is compatible with any battery within 80-230 AH.
V-Guard Prime 1150 Digital Sine-wave inverter is a heavy duty inverter with best in class performance. Equipped with the multiple features such as Battery Topping Reminder to avoid battery damage and interrupted performance, High-Performance Selection Switch to extract more out your inverter basis varied needs, Battery Gravity Builder to keep your battery healthy, and many others. It is compatible with any battery within 80-230 AH.
- High Performance Selection Switch
Change the power output from your inverter at any time using the High Performance Selection Switch. With this, you can also run appliances with longer backup based on your requirements.
- Uninterrupted Lifestyle
Power outage is no more a reason for an interruption. The Prime 1150 runs LCD/LED TV (Up to 49), mixer grinder (up to 600 W), water pump(0.5 HP Monobloc), inverter refrigerator(Up to 260 L), Room Cooler (Upto 200W), Kitchen Chimney (Upto 1000 m3/hr), exhaust fans, air purifier, water purifier, music system, wi-fi router etc. It is also equipped with a special switch option for inverter refrigerator compatibility.
- Battery Gravity Builder
Battery gravity builder keeps the battery healthy and ensures long backup.
- Battery Topping Reminder
The Battery Water Topping feature reminds you to top up the distilled water in the battery. This helps avoid unpleasant surprises and unnecessary hassles when the power gets cut. Further, this helps in increasing the longevity of the battery and consistent performance.
- Mute Buzzer Option
No more annoying beeps and buzzers to interrupt your weekend siesta or quiet reading time. You can mute your inverter, using the app, and never again worry about incessant alerts during power back up and restoration.
- Visual and Audio Indicators
The graphical LED display icons on the front panel indicate battery water topping reminder, mains mode, battery charging, low back-up alert, overload, short circuit, etc. The audio indicators indicate battery water topping, overload, short circuit, low battery back-up level, reset breaker trip, changeover, etc.
- Reliable protection for your appliances
The Prime 1150 protects against surge, high and low mains, overload, short circuit, battery deep discharge, battery over charge and over temperature. Rest assured, your appliances are well protected.
- Battery compatibility
Capacity: Within 80-230 AH Type: Tubular, Flat Plate, SMF
- Dual Mode Operation
You can switch your Prime 1150 to either UPS mode for computer loads or Normal mode for Domestic Appliances.
Luminous zolt home ups/inverter is a sine wave ups that provides exceptional grid quality back-up power to the load and home appliances during power failures. Zolt power inverter has adaptive learning capability to optimally charge batteries, calculate backup and charging time as it is powered by a 32 bit dsp processor.
An in-built alarm management system warns you of short-circuits, wrong wiring, battery overcharge, overloads, and low battery. Normally, the ups operates on mains delivery power to the load. When the mains power fails, the load is automatically transferred back to the mains, excellently restored and charged to keep the battery at optimal level.
Smart display with unique indication in zolt displays backup and charging time. Introduce zolt to your surrounding and witness the magic of backup comfort.
Consideration: Power Watt considered – LED TV 40”- 75W, Fan 1200mm – 80W, Refrigerator – 200W, AC 1.5 Tonne – 2000W. Recommended running load should be at 75% of peak load. Kindly check the rated power consumption of your appliances before selecting the Home UPS.
- Material:Metal, Color:Black
- Package Contents:1 Inverter
- Faster charging and efficient Sine Wave Inverter with capacity – 900 VA and 756W rated power. Max Charging Current (in Amperes) 15
- Intelligent Home UPS with 32 bit DSP Processor that learns and optimizes the back-up & battery charging based on load supply and requirements
- Intuitive LCD Display for various essential indications like back-up time, charging time (in hrs & mins), main on, eco/ups mode, system fault, and battery water level
- Safety Alarm to provide safe solution for appliances in case of short circuit
- MCB for protection against faults and surges in this inverter of 1100 volts
Microtek UPS SEBz Series is Micro Controller design based, Extended Backup External Battery UPS Systems. It comes with many user friendly features. It has Voltage Range Selection Switch and can be operated in Standard Voltage Range from 100V~300V and Narrow Voltage Range from 180V~260V.
UPS SEBz Series Models are based on Intelli Pure Sinewave Technology which ensures Noiseless,Safe and Efficient Performance along with Longer Backup.
- Output Power- 760 Watts.
- Rated Capacity- 950 VA. (Combination of fans, lights, television and computer).
- Built with micro controller based intelligent control design and pure sinewave output.
- It is most recommend home UPS for 2-3 BHK homes. It does not create any humming noise from inductive load such as fans and it supports wide range of batteries from 100 ah to 180 ah.
- Over load/short circuit protection: If the UPS is excessively overloaded in UPS mode or encounters a short circuit, it will go into protection mode.
- The output will shut down in this case. Battery deep discharge/over charge protection: The UPS has in-built electronic protection circuit that protects the batteries from getting deep discharged or over charged.
The best inverter will power the devices you want to run as a base load. It will safely power and charge sensitive electronics without forcing you to constantly plug and unplug devices. It won’t take up a lot of space or weigh down the vehicle, while it protects the devices and batteries from power fluctuations.
For purchasing best and reviewed product refer our website ‘Ripplenfortunate’ – “https://www.ripplenfortunate.com/blog/“