Glucometers, are very essential Gadget now a days as we are adopting the urban lifestyle rapidly but it is coming at a cost! Unhealthy lifestyle and intake of sugary substances increases blood glucose levels and the condition is called Diabetics Mellitus. Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects 400 million adults every year worldwide.
All you need is to have Glucometers, a hand-held portable device that allows you to check the blood glucose readings from time to time. With the advancement of technology, glucose meters are flooded with high-end smart features like Smartphone connectivity, voice command, and high memory storage capacity at an affordable price.
Happiness lies, first of all, in health
Finding a good glucometer is really important because if you don’t monitor your or your loved ones blood sugar level with proper glucometer, it could became a huge health risk. To make your process of finding a good glucometer easier, here is the list of the ten best glucometers for diabetes patients.
Top 10 Glucometers In India
Roche Diabetes Care India, the company behind the brand owns a 48% market share in the blood glucose monitoring segment. This tiny sugar test kit may surprise you with its features. Accu Chek glucometer comes with powerful features that make it the first choice for the customers.
Compact in size, the device helps you in carrying out the sugar test at home in less than 5 seconds. One of the key features is the storage and transfer of data to various other devices. The kit includes a glucometer monitor, a softclix lancing device, ten pieces of Accu chek strips, and ten units of sterile lancets.
The Glucometer device comes with a timed reminder to help you take your dose of insulin as per your sugar level and avoid under or overdose.
- Accurate blood glucose measurement: The Accu-Chek Active Glucometer is one of the most accurate systems and it fulfills ISO 15197:2013
- standards of accuracy.
- Easy to use: Accu-Chek Active blood glucose meter packs many powerful features into a smaller size, making the blood glucose monitoring process easy.
- No coding required: Accu-Chek Active blood glucose meter is easy to use as it doesn’t require any code chip for coding the meter.
- Two-button intuitive handling: With only two buttons to operate, Accu-Chek Active is an easy-to-handle device.
- Visual double-check: To ensure accurate* blood glucose measurement, Accu-Chek Active allows you to double-check the displayed result. Match colour code to assure results accuracy.
- 8 seconds re-dose option: If you apply an insufficient amount of blood, then the device gives you approximately 10 seconds window to re-dose it.
- Pre and post-meal markers: Accu-Chek Active provides you with a pre and post-meal flagging to differentiate the measured glucose level before and after the meal.
- Post-prandial reminder: Accu-Chek Active also gives you a visual and audio post-prandial reminder which reminds you to test two hours after eating.
- Measuring interval : 10-600 mg/dL
- MEMORY : 500 test results
- View test average up to 90 days: You can view an average of your test results from the last 7 / 14 / 30 or even 90 days.
- USB interface for data transfer: Accu-Chek Active blood glucose meter has a built-in USB port for transferring saved test results to a computer which is equipped accordingly.
Size: 97.8 x 46.8 x 19.1 mm
Efficiency: Results in 5 seconds
Memory: 500 test results
Rating: 4 star+ – 70%
Pros: Easy to use, value for money, accuracy
Cons: Price, lack of adequate instructions, test stripes costs
Dr. Morepen Gluco One Glucometer is manufactured at Morepen Laboratories Ltd in New Delhi. This highly efficient device is pocket-friendly, easy to use, and portable glucometer that doesn’t require any coding technology to operate. Dr. Morepen’s Glucometer kit consists of 10 lancets, battery, a plastic case to keep it safe, and a glucometer. You can connect Dr. Morepen glucometer with your smartphone and get the records on your mobile within seconds.
- Fast result in 5 seconds
- Small 0.5uL blood sample size
- Large memory. 10 Lancets
- Minimum Blood Sample: 0.5 microlitre ; It features a large display screen that can store up to 300 test results
- This highly efficient device is pocket-friendly
- It is easy to use
- It is portable glucometer that doesn’t require any coding technology to operate.
- Dr. Morepen’s Glucometer kit consists of 10 lancets, battery, a plastic case to keep it safe, and a glucometer.
- You can connect Dr. Morepen glucometer with your smartphone and get the records on your mobile within seconds.
Blood sample: 0.5uL
Item Weight: 200g
Efficiency: Results in 5 seconds
Memory: 300 test results
Pros: Easy to use, value for money, reasonable price, worth buying
Cons: Inconsistent results, lack of warranty support centers
Rating: 4 star+ – 72%
Battery: CR-2032 (lithium metal battery)
The 3rd glucometer on the list is this sleek product from the brand One Touch. This small and sleek glucometer comes with an audio alert to notify you when the test is complete.
- So simple; No set up; No buttons; No coding
- Easier to understand blood glucose results with colour sure technology and audio signals
- Uses select plus test strips
- OneTouch Select Simple Glucometer is an affordable blood glucose monitor that gives accurate readings.
- You can store up to 500 test readings in the device and access the record whenever you want.
- Accurate, meets latest international standards of ISO 15197:2013
- Requires only a small amount of blood (1 µl)
- OneTouch is the #1 selling meter and test strip brand in the USA, Source: SHS Payer Prescriber data through Jun’19 includes Retail, Mail and Other Channel Consumption.
If you are looking for a glucometer with added functionality then this could be the best one for you. This particular model comes with added functions that alert you when ketones are present in your blood and it also has a very bright LCD display along with a backlight. You get a free digital thermometer and 60 strips in this glucometer as well along with the lancing device, carry case, lancet needle.
- It lets you get reading from the alternative test sites as well.
- Most of the test strip has these restrictions but with Dr. Trust, you can measure the sugar level even when the blood is extracted from an artery, vein, capillary or even when the blood of dialysis patient with maltose is tested.
- This means that you can extract blood from the upper arm, forearm, hand, fingertips, thing and even calf apart from just using the fingers. This is made possible via GD-FAD enzyme strips that come with the box.
- The glucometer also comes with an eject button which means that you would not have to touch the glucometer strip after the use.
- This minimizes the risk of contagion as the strip is disposed of with the touch of a button.
- Apart from all these features, the glucometer can change units, store 1000 test results and store alerts for pre-meal, most meal and general mode.
- Talking about the warranty, the device comes with a 1-year warranty since the date of purchase.
Apollo has built a significant and handy glucometer to make people with diabetes independent when it comes to home tests. Apollo Glucome Glucometer is a complete kit that can be used at home for extremely reliable results.
- Accurate, wireless, connected glucometer with 25 gold plated strips
- Diabetes footwear
- No internet is required nor any mobile accesories is required for measuring the readings
- Immediate data transfer on sugar levels to doctors and Assigned Health Coach
- You can connect the device on the app and get expert suggestions based on your test results.
- In addition, it could also send the results to family members. Once connected to Apollo Sugar app, it gets converted to a complete diabetes care unit connecting doctors, patients, and caregivers.
- Diabetes experts who constantly watch your sugar levels
- Video consultations with diabetes educators for insulin and medication – 1 nos
- Video consultations with dietician for Customised Diet plan – 1 nos
- Diabetes Support Services for a period of 6 months
- It Meets the ISO15179:2013 accuracy standard
- It Can be used in various environments like hotels, outdoors, office, train, car etc
- It contains Diabetes reciepe Book
While a lot of glucometers claim to be the best, Bayer Contour Plus One Glucometer is a one of its kind product. This glucometer is Bluetooth enabled that helps in sharing the sugar test records while keeping track of it.
- Contour plus one exceeds ISO 15197: 2013 accuracy criteria both in the laboratory and in a clinical setting- accuracy beyond benchmarks
- Helps patients test with confidence: second-chance sampling (60 sec) and sip-in sampling- highly accurate even on the second attempt, helps avoid lancing a second time and wasting strips
- Smart light feature: Alerts patients on critical high and critical low blood glucose levels
- Contour diabetes app: Seamlessly connects via bluetooth technology- helps set reminders to check and add appointments to the doctor’s schedule
- In case you miss to get accurate results, this glucometer allows a second drop on the same strip.
- It results in no wastage and precise results for the sugar test at home.
- The device comes with the regular lancets, battery, 25 strips, a bag, and the glucometer, and it has a lifetime warranty.
- Helps in permanent connection to the database results which enables to record the results of measuring blood sugar
- Fast and easy-to-read results (5-second countdown)
- Memory for 800 results
Unlike your regular glucometers, Beato Smartphone Glucometer is a unique sugar test device that’s smaller than you can imagine. The best part about this device is that it can be connected with your smartphone through the 3.5mm earphone jack.
- The test can be viewed on your mobile phone’s screen. Cool, isn’t it? The readings are easy to read and can be stored on the device.
- You can carry around 4000 sugar tests on a Beato Smartphone Glucometer without any problem.
- BeatO Glucometer kit along with (20+ Free 30) RGB Sinocare Safe-Accu 2 Test Strips & 50 Lancets
- Compact, easy to carry and connects to your smartphone via the 3.5 mm audio jack
- Works seamlessly with Android devices and iPhones
- Works with feature rich BeatO App. See trends and analysis through simple graphs to understand your body better
- Automatic alert system to keep important people informed when your reading is high or low. You can choose your family, doctor or friends via the BeatO app
Accu Chek Performa Glucometer is another device to consider. There is no setup required for the device and can be used instantly. One can setup up to 4 pre and post-meal alerts so that tests are not missed.
- The device turns on automatically once the test strips are inserted into it.
- It can save the results for 72 hours even if the batteries are removed.
- The product comes with a lifetime warranty and is extremely handy for anyone to use.
- Accu Chek Performa is one of the fastest glucose monitors the gives quick results.
- Some of the top features are as mentioned below –
- Sample – 0.6 microlitre
Weight – 59g with battery
Results – 5s
One of the small sizes and pocket-friendly glucose monitor equipment in our list is Control D Blood Glucose Monitor. It comes at a very low price point, and there is a total of 10 strips included to ensure the right level of glucose in our body.
- There are carbon electrodes to give you higher accuracy, which makes it reliable and better to prefer a product for sure.
- One of the best parts is, it is easy to use, and there is no coding required to get all the advantages of this machine.
- Precision is one of the key things which make this product better to prefer over the selection of other ones.
- Having such a small-sized unit can decrease the number of problems and make this product better to prefer for your specific needs.
- The sample volume required to take an accurate reading of glucose in the body is 0.5 microliters, and it is enough to help for sure.
- The measuring unit is mg/dL, which is preferred all around that’s why you can rely on the purchase and get rid of all the issues with ease.
- Even, analyze time is just five seconds, which enhances usability.
With 25 test strips and genuine price, Alere G1 Glucometer nails the spot in our list for being an adequate choice. It is one of the widely sold product but as it is a very old generation of Glucometer and accuracy slightly vary, that’s why we aren’t giving it the first spot. The design is small; it is easy to put inside your pocket and use it with ease, which makes it better to prefer.
- The built quality is genuine, and you can get the most accurate readings in a couple of seconds.
- It is true that you have to wait for a little because it works at a slow pace. However, working slower is better than giving false readings.
- You can measure glucose level and track with the small memory inside.
- It is the complete solution for diabetes management; that’s why you can easily prefer it for sure.
- There are only three buttons to use this machine.
- Due to the low price, it is a genuine deal, but if you consider all reviews, most of them will be saying trash about the design.
- So, we used it and found that it is a genuine product, but durability or accuracy after a time might be the issue that you have to worry about during the use.
Glucometer Buying Guide
How To Choose A Glucometer For Sugar Test AT Home
Honestly, a glucometer is a life-saving apparatus, and every person with diabetes should have one handy all the time. Though there are multiple devices available in the market, it’s essential to pick the right one for yourself. Here is what you should keep in mind while buying a glucometer that gives accurate results.
- Accuracy Commitment – It’s extremely necessary to choose a glucometer that gives accurate test results. If your device is not accurate, you might get varied test results, causing problems in medication.
- No Coding – Make sure that the one you’re buying does not require any coding. Though the coding isn’t complicated to enter, a no-coding device eliminates all the possibilities for errors.
- Reading Storage – Go for a device that has maximum reading storage capacity and can also be connected with your smartphone for data transferring.
- Sample Size and Alternate Site – A good glucometer is one that doesn’t require more than a small drop of blood. Select a sugar testing machine that allows taking samples from alternate sites and not just one particular point.
- Compact Size – Always go for a machine that’s compact and sleek enough to fit even in your pocket.
How To Use A Glucometer
Using a sugar testing device at home is pretty simple. Anyone can use it without any fuss but if you need clarity on the steps to follow, read further.
- Keep all the necessary equipment handy and ready to be used.
- Wash your hands with warm water and dry it completely. Make sure that your finger is dry before you take the test.
- Turn on your glucometer and wait for it to start.
- Choose a spot to take the sample. Use the lancing device to take the sample.
- Hold the test strip until it absorbs the drop of blood completely and then place it in the device to check the sugar level.
- Check your test results and then dispose of the lancet safely.
- Repeat the test according to your routine and keep the doctor updated about your test results for better advice.
Glucometers are a very important machine which is needed for a diabetic patient’s livelihood. Various glucometers have come into existence nowadays. They all have different features. But the best glucometer at the moment is Accu-Check Active Blood Glucose Meter Kit With 50 Strips. It gives us the most accurate results from the tests.
While researching for this product, we realised that how important the accuracy factor is for a glucometer. It can affect the diagnosis of a diabetic person. The 10 best glucometer in India that we have compiled are the most accurate glucometers you can buy today.
Though we have compiled almost all the information necessary for you, don’t consider it as medical advice. Always consult your doctor if you have know more about any of the above discussed glucometer.
For more blogs on Health and Gadgets do refer ‘ripplenfortunate.com’ –