A hand mixer is a new version of mixer grinder.A portable hand mixer is an electric handheld mixing and blending tool that has two removable metal beaters and variable speeds. Some models also have additional accessories, such as a whisk. It’s an essential and versatile addition to any kitchen, even if you don’t cook or bake a lot, because it’s used for mixing, blending, whipping, and beating a variety of foods.
What Is a Hand Mixer?
In the modern kitchen, the term “hand mixer” is generally used to describe an electric mixing device that is portable, but typically still plugged into an outlet. The basic design is of a handle mounted on top of a case that contains the motor with two metal beaters attached underneath at one end. On top of the handle, you’ll typically find speed controls and a button that ejects the beaters.
Uses Of Hand Mixer in Indian Kitchen
Prepare Cake/Muffin Batter:
If you’re someone who bakes a lot, this gadget is already one of your prized possessions. Light and fluffy bakes are no longer a distant dream for me because of the hand mixer. From whipping cream to whisking eggs, a hand mixer does it all when it comes to cakes and bakes. You can use the whisk attachment for mixing any batter into a smooth, homogeneous consistency at the desired speed.
Churn Homemade Butter:
Homemade ghee and butter are indispensable ingredients in an Indian kitchen. Hence, every fortnight or so one need to churn a batch of homemade white butter. With a hand mixer, this task has been simplified. No need to clean the whole food processor or whip the cream with your hand. Now, you can use the whisk attachment to churn the milk cream (malai) to transform into the butter. With the help of easy eject button, the whisk attachment comes off smoothly and make both cleaning up easy and chances of any wastage, negligible.
Whisk Dal/Dosa Batter:
Who doesn’t love the light and airy dahi bhalla or medu vada? A hand mixer incorporates perfect amount of air in any batter to make the end result spongy and airy. No need to churn the batter manually. With the hand mixer, any kind of batter does not take more than 15 minutes to reach the perfect consistency. I am using it for this particular purpose for past many years and have no complaints at all.
Want to enjoy a glass of perfectly churned masala chaas? (Also read: 3 Flavors of Masala Chaas). The hand mixer always does this job perfectly for me. Whether it is the sweet Punjabi style lassi or buttermilk, the taste and texture are unbeatable. There is this thick layer of froth on top of the drink, making it genuinely Punjabi style. Or if you want to prepare a creamy flavorsome curd for Dahi Bhalla or raita try the whisk attachment.
If you want to make the dough in small quantity for a specific dish like methi mathri or papadi that does not require too much kneading use hand mixer hook attachment. It saves so much time and manual effort. The flour and other ingredients come together in no time while using the hook attachment. When it comes to cleaning, I love the stainless steel finish of the hook attachment, that doesn’t make my heart weep at the thought of residues (that might be the death knell on a ceramic surface). The steel finish and easy ejection make it so simple to clean up afterward. Warm water and detergent ensure a clean, almost new attachment after each wash!
Features you should look:
- Comfort: It should be well balanced and comfortable to hold. Make sure that the hand mixer is lightweight.
- Speed: Low speed is good for folding and combining ingredients to avoid splattering, and high speed is good for whisking egg whites and cream. Five-speed settings are probably the most you’ll need.
- Power/Wattage: Wattage is an indicator of how powerful the motor of the product will be. It gives a good indication of how extensively and intensively it can be used. It’s recommended to go with a hand mixer with at least a power of 200 Watts.
- Attachments: These need to be a good length, as shorter beaters will restrict the size of the bowl you can use. Beater attachments are all you’ll need — whisks and dough hooks don’t necessarily provide better performance.
- Controls: Controls should be easy to access, and speed settings should be smooth to change.
- Cleaning: It’s recommended to buy a hand mixer with removable blades as this will make it much easier to clean.
List of Best Hand Mixer
- Can be used for Churning: Milk shake, Lassi, Butter milk etc
- Length – 9 inches Easy to use No need of Electricity
- Designed for durability, easy to use and clean up.
- Perfect for airy egg whites, whipped cream, meringue, beat eggs, stir batter, whip cream and stir sauces.
The Breville BHM800SIL Handy Mix Scraper with intuitive ergonomic control and Beater IQ automatically adjusts power to suit what you’re mixing.
- Mixer Type: Hand
- Material: Stainless Steel, Plastic
- Beater Type: Dough Hook, Batter Beater
- Number of Overall Speed: 9
- Bowl Capacity: Under 3 Quarts
- Color: Silver
- 8.5 x 3.5 x 10.2
- The Orpat OHM-207 hand blender is one such appliance. As it is compact and lightweight, it takes minimum storage space on your kitchen cabinet.
- With its modern ergonomic design and the ability to carry out even heavy duty tasks, this is a good buy.
- Powerful Motor and Easy to Use The Orpat OHM-207 hand mixer white is a useful hand mixer with a comfortable grip that ensures it doesn’t slip from your hand while mixing or blending.
- It consumes 150watts of power and has a motor speed of 18000rpm that is more than enough for all mixing and blending tasks.
- It also comes with a separate button for ejecting the beater and a speed controller. Whenever you feel like the cake mix doesn’t need further blending, you can adjust its speed.
- This versatile electric hand mixer also has three different blade attachments for mixing and beating according to the recipes.
- Colour: White Power: 150W Five speed option Ergonomic design with comfortable grip handle Detachable blending shaft for easy cleaning
- Additional Features: Finger strip speed control switch and separate beater eject button
- Warranty: 1 year on product
Bring home KENT Hand Blender, an ergonomically designed appliance that speeds up your cooking process. Be it hot or cold ingredients, the smart kitchen appliance blends everything in no time. The variable speed control, detachable shaft, and stainless steel body for hot and cold blending ensure that you enjoy trouble-free cooking.
- High performance blender comes with power of 150 Watts.
- It comes with 5 variable speed controls that helps in mixing ingridents.
- In-built overheating protection.
- It comes with powerful copper motor to ensure longevity.
- Food grade plastic to maintain hygiene
- Equipped with multiple beaters and dough hooks.
- Warranty: 1 year warranty provided by the manufacturer from date of purchase
- Power: 150 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 – 240 volts
- Powerful but quiet and light-weight with Bosch motor technology and 350W motor
- Includes two turbo beaters for perfect whisking and two heavy duty stainless steel kneading hooks, perfect for even the heaviest dough with bowl and stand, brilliant for cakes and breads
- Consistent results and easy baking with impressive rotating bowl, for extra versatility the hand mixer can be removed and used separately from the stand
- 5 effortless speed settings to select including additional turbo setting and easy eject button for beaters and hooks
- Possibility to attach a blender foot
- Wrap around cable storage
Hamilton Beach 62620 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap on Case Mix anything from whipped cream to cookie dough
- Snap-on storage case
- 275 Watts peak power
- Bowl Rest feature
- 6 speeds with QuickBurst button
- Slower first speed reduces messy splatters
- Larger control dial for easier use
- 3 attachments: 2 traditional beaters and 1 whisk
Introducing a hand mixer that’s as easy to put away as it is to operate. The Cuisinart Power Advantage Plus 9 Speed Hand Mixer performs any task a recipe calls for, and then tucks into its own storage.
- Handheld mixer with 220-watt motor and automatic feedback
- Simple on/off button; 1-touch speed control and 9 speed options
- 3 low start speeds to prevent ingredients from splattering; snap-on clear storage case
- Includes beaters, chef’s whisk, dough hooks, spatula, and instruction/recipe book
Morphy Richards is an International brand headquartered in the UK. It has made its mark in India with excellence in design and quality and has been a part of innumerable households with presence across 20 product categories. Morphy Richards’ unique approach to quality, technology, and simplicity has made life simple at home for millions.
- Power Motor – The 300 watt powerful motor of HM20 Hand Blender / Mixer is good enough to blend the toughened food ingredients at one go.
- Beater attachments – Beating eggs, whipping besan, making fluffy batters, & churning curd for making lassi or buttermilk is super fun with detachable whisker attachment.
- Ergonomic Design – The soft-grip handle makes mixing effortless process. The ergonomic design of this hand blender/mixer fits comfortably in the grip allowing a wide range of movements effortlessly.
- Turbo function – The blender is provided with an extra turbo button that you can manually switch on to blend tough ingredients. This adds to the power of the hand blender for a more powerful functioning.
- 5 speed control – Get the complete control over the food material you wish to mix with 5 speed control feature. Mash hard foods with higher speed and lower speed for softer foods.
- Kneader Hook Attachment – Make a flour dough or mix dense batters uniformly and firmly without forming any lumps with the stainless steel kneader hook attachments.
- Warranty: 2 years on product
- Power: 300 watts; Operating voltage: 230 volts
- Includes: Hand mixer, Beater and kneader attachments, Instruction manual, Customer care list and Guarantee card
- DC MOTOR FOR POWERFUL, EFFORTLESS MIXING. Professional-grade hand mixer has a lighter motor and ergonomic design.
- SLOW STARTING SPEED LIKE KITCHENAID*. Prevent splatters with a first speed that’s slow enough to mix ingredients without making a mess.
- SNAP-ON STORAGE CASE WITH BEATERS & WHISK. Keeps everything in one place. Stainless steel attachments are dishwasher-safe.
- 5 SPEEDS WITH QUICKBURST AT EVERY LEVEL. For more control at every speed.
- SWIVEL CORD FOR RIGHT OR LEFT HANDED USE. Cord adjusts and locks into place to stay out of your way.
- Powerful – The 400W motor includes multiple speed settings – ideal for any task from whisking eggs to kneading dough, taking the chore out of baking.
- Unique cord tidy – Small but perfectly formed with a retractable cord and cleverly designed integral plug storage, creating less clutter and ensuring storage is minimal.
- Replaceable part – Dualit products are built to last. However, if the wear and tear of light baking eventually begin to take their toll, replaceable parts could whisk up an enhanced lifespan for your Hand Mixer.
- 4 speed settings
- Strong grip handle
- Includes: Flat beaters, dough hooks and balloon whisk
- Chrome or Gloss finish
- Beater ejector button
- 1 year guarantee – Indoor domestic household use only
Few words to conclude
Now you have familiar with the features of the most popular hand mixer which are available in the market along with a good buying guide. All the above options make it easy for you to make a good choice of a hand mixer along with valuable benefits.
Purchase the hand mixer from the list given above as they are reviewed and having best features in it.
If you are having any confusion about the product comment below.We will solve your problems.
For purchasing hand blender refer my blog on ‘8 Best Portable HAND BLENDER’ – “https://www.ripplenfortunate.com/blog/2020/06/10/8-best-hand-blender/“
Refer for more Electronic Appliances ‘Ripplenfortunate‘ – “https://www.ripplenfortunate.com/blog/category/gadgets/“