Wondering why Gulab Jal or rose water has found a place in every Indian household? It’s simple. Rose water benefits are a aplenty as it is undoubtedly beauty’s magic potion, and also remarkably versatile. Whether you have oily, dry or combination skin, rose water can be added to your beauty regime. That’s what makes it a beauty secret or rather a secret weapon of women all over the world, not just India.
There is a long tradition of rose water/ Gulab Jal being used in medicine, including in Iran and other parts of the Middle East, as far back as the 7th century.
There is also evidence of North American Indian tribes using it to treat ailments.
A rose, as most of us know, is typically used as a symbol of love around the world- especially a red one. High school kids tend to have a bunch of 10 to 12 roses for their boyfriend or girlfriend, whereas celebrities like Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner go all out with about millions of roses to express their love for the other (not an exaggeration). Roses are also used as a representative of friendship, or straight up just for decoration for events or any other occasion.
However, you will see how these roses can be used for so much more than that; you will see how lilies, daisies or even daffodils will be a better alternative to those very precious roses.
Rose petals are an important part of a lot of skincare routines since it has an abundance of benefits for every single skin type. You can utilize the perks of rose petals in several ways.
10 Rosewater/ Gulab Jal Benefits For Skin & Hair
1. Rosewater/ Gulab Jal helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
2. “Rose water/ Gulab Jal has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores”, says Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Skincare Expert.
3. Rose water/ Gulab Jal helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
4. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
5. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
6. Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water/ Gulab Jal after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
7. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed.
8. The nourishing and moisturising properties of rose water/ Gulab Jal enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Rosewater/ Gulab Jal works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalises hair growth.
9. The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
10. It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
Invigorate, refresh and cleanse your skin with the goodness of natural rose extracts! Dabur Gulabari Rose Water is a natural toner that cleanses your skin from deep within ridding it of any dirt, grime or foreign bodies that can damage your skin. Apply it directly on the skin or mix it with a face pack to get a glowing & radiant rose like skin. It is 100% natural, safe and effective remedy for all skin types.
- 100% pure and natural rose water with no added preservatives
- Its serves as a cleanser, toner and gentle moisturizing agent suitable for all skin types
- Provides instant hydration to your skin while rejuvinating tired and dull skin
- Balances and restores skin’s PH level and helps tighten pores
- To be used twice a day to get naturally glowing and radiant skin
- Usage tips: Pour three to five drops of rosewater on a cotton ball and wipe it on the face and neck to remove dirt and grime. Continue to use it every morning and night for a natural glow and refreshing effect.
Patanjali Divya Gulab Jal is the cheapest rose water. We think this has more of the water content in it then the rose extracts. But this is good for using in daily skin care routine like for cleansing the skin, mixing with skin creams to massage the face.
- Gulab jal is the most natural product that you can trust for your skin and eyes
- It is prepared with the blend of fresh rose petals and fresh water. it beautifies the skin
- It is completely safe without any side-effects
Ayur is a household name in India and their products are there in the market for the longest time possible. One of the most underrated products, this rose water from Ayur is safe for your skin. Packaging is quite simple like any other Ayur products but in terms of effectiveness, this one is a steal.
- Ayur Rose Water 200ml (Pack of 3) Each 200*3= 600ml
- Its long lasting skin freshening effect softens coarse skin, pores and helps to protect the skin from irritation, heat and rashes
- Removes oil and dirt easily when wiped with damn cotton with rose water
- It’s an excellent toner that can be used whenever you feel like
- This can be used to mix your face packs
VLCC rose water has the skin healing and skin rejuvenating properties like any other rose water. This is priced at 125 rupees for 100 ml bottle. This can be used by men and women in their skin care routines to cleanse the face. Rose water is also known to temporarily tighten the skin pores.
- Enriched with the skin perfecting properties of rose
- Tones and rejuvenates skin
- Defends your skin from harsh environmental factors, Gives you a cool and refreshed skin
- Enriched with natural rose extracts, this makes the skin softer and clearer.
Khadi is an Indian brand that produces completely vegan, no animal tested products. Their products are highly effective and herbal to the core. Packaging is very basic. But the only problem is availability which is only online. The rose water from Khadi is really pure and can be used both as a toner and in face packs.
- Herbal Rose Water
- Skin Friendly Composition
- Brings A Glow To Your Skin
Glow Theory provide premium products with natural ingredients and without any paraben, sulfate or any other chemicals. Also, Glow Theory keep process guidelines that do not lose the importance of ingredients and results in an effectively great product.
- PURE & NATURAL ROSE WATER : There are no Chemicals, no Preservatives and definitely no Artificial Fragrances in our Rose Water.
- Just the pure scent of natural roses dispensed through a convenient, easy to use spray cap.
- COMPLETE SKIN CARE : Provides instant hydration for your face and neck whilst rejuvenating tired skin, helping to create a more vibrant and youthful complexion.
- Lightweight and versatile toner that will restore your skin’s pH balance and absorb excess oils (without causing dryness).
- BENEFITS : Maintains PH balance
- Controls excess oil
- Hydrates dry skin
- Soothes skin irritation
- Cleans the pores and tone the skin
- Treats dry and frizzy hair
- Helps reducing redness & blotchiness
- FOR ALL SKIN & HAIR TYPES : The rose water is fit for all skin types whether dry, oily, sensitive or normal.
- It rejuvenates the skin and maintains the youthful skin by retaining moisture. It is also useful for maintaining the natural shine of hair.
It is REFRESHING AND PURE ROSE WATER. It Helps remove dirt from the skin. It is a Great cleansing agent. It Exfoliates the skin. It also has Anti-Bacterial properties. and yes it is Natural skin and hair conditioner. No need to mention that It have numerous powerful anti-oxidants also It Keeps the skin hydrated.
- PURE & ORGANIC ROSE FLOWER WATER. There are no Chemicals, no Preservatives and definitely no Artificial Fragrances in our Rose Water.
- Just the pure scent of Organic roses dispensed through a convenient, easy to use spray cap.
- COMPLETE SKIN CARE. Provides instant hydration for your face and neck whilst rejuvenating tired skin, helping to create a more vibrant and youthful complexion.
- Lightweight and versatile toner that will restore your skin’s pH balance and absorb excess oils (without causing dryness).
- SUITABLE FOR ALL SKIN TYPES. Normal, Oily, Dry and sensitive. We haven’t included Witch Hazel in this toner as it can be a trigger for Rosacea.
- So you can use it with confidence that it will not make you break out in rash!
- This product is also a great toner for teen kids who are just starting out with make up.
- Great skin prep for Serums and Moisturizers and it can help unblock and tighten stubborn pores.
- UrbanBotanics Natural Rose Water may contain some natural ‘sediment’ making it appear cloudy.
- This is made up of natural waxes/essential oil compounds that settle out of the distillate water and occurs after fine filtration.
- It does not indicate any deterioration in quality.
Nature’s Veda ORGANIC STEAM DISTILLED ROSE WATER is a hydrating facial mist which can be used on skin, hair and even as a flavouring agent. Rose water is a natural skin toner and very good cleanser. It helps remove dirt, oil and other pollutants from the skin. It is also known to be an effective after shave skin soothener. Rose water is popular flavouring and scenting agent. It is used in different cuisines across the world including India especially in sweets.
- 100% Pure, Natural, Organic (USDA Organic Certified) and Steam distilled
- VERSATILE: Add shine & vitality to hair, soothe & soften skin, use as toner & much more
- SOOTHE AND SOFTEN: Known to soothe and comfort skin, help maintain PH levels, and cleanse excess oil
- FEEL FRESH: Enjoy hydrated & healthy skin without being oily. Combine with facial masks or creams
- HIGHEST QUALITY: No Alcohol, Parabens, Sulfates or Phthalates. Vegan, Eco-Friendly & Cruelty Free
Kama Ayurveda pure rose water is one of the highest selling rose water today. This rose water is absolutely pure and is a perfect face mist as well. As a toner it is suitable for all skin types and can be used in various face packs as well. Price is on the higher side for a rose water, but it is totally worth the product. Availability is an issue as it is available only online.
- A wonderful Rose water that is made from the roses of Kannauj – a region in North India, rich in white soil conductive to roses’ growth.
- The Kannauj rose is considered special due to its similarity to the Bulgarian rose.
- The steam distillation process used to create this rose water ensures a high level of hygiene and unmatched purity.
- Rose water is a natural astringent that balances and restores skin’s PH level. This rose water helps tighten pores and acts as the perfect alcohol-free toner for oily or acne-prone skin.
- Its light cleansing and clarifying action helps in removing cleanser residue while readying the skin for further skincare treatment.
- A toner that can be used to refresh the skin at any time of the day.
- This rose water is ideal for all skin types.
This is the best rose water according to me. Price is definitely on the higher side and the brand self proclaims that it is Luxury Ayurveda. This rose water by Forest essentials is free from any sort of chemicals and is a cruelty-free brand. Availability is online only, but the search and price are totally worth the product you get. This is the rose water for you if you want the best for your skin.
- Fresh flower infused water Body Mist with the seductive scent of the Indian Rose and Cardamom to soften, hydrate and scent your skin, with an uplifting and harmonious effect on the senses.
- This Rose and Cardamom Body Mist gives long lasting aroma with calming and harmonious effect on the senses while hydrating the skin.
- Spray body mist to soften and scent your skin.
- Main ingredients of this mist is Cardamom, Aloe Vera, Rose and Wheat Germ Oil.
- Cardamom – Its spicy aroma promotes a feeling of well being and harmony. Cardamon has stimulating, warming and aromatic properties.
- Organic Aloe Vera – Aloe vera has strong soothing and moisture retaining properties. Stimulates skin regeneration.
- Rose – Desi Gulab is also known as ‘Taruni ’ in Ayurveda which means ‘unimaginably beautiful’. Steam Distilled Desi Gulab Essence or Pure Rosewater is a natural astringent. It tones, diminishes fine lines and rehydrates the skin.
- Wheat Germ Oil – Improves blood circulation, repairs damaged skin cells, soothes and softens the skin. It has anti-ageing properties.
you can try rose water in multiple ways but make sure you use a high quality product and not some perfumed water.
And by this we come to an end. This compilation is for all as the brands are all trustworthy and price ranges from 30 INR to 275 INR. There is one for all of the readers. You choose whatever you feel like according to effectiveness and price. Your skin deserves the best always!
- 10 Best Face Mask that Pamper your skin with natural treats
- Nail Polish; An Icing on a trendy nail
- BEAT THE HEAT with the Best Face Wipes!
- Papaya- 7 ways to Rejuvenate your skin
- 7 Ways to Use Coconut Oil in Your Beauty Regime
- Aloe Vera – 100 ways to the Beautiful Skin