A monopod is a camera support that has just one single leg. … Of course, you can’t get extremely long shutter speeds like you can with a tripod, but it is a considerable improvement over simply hand-holding the camera! They make great travel companions and can sometimes be handy in places that say “no tripods”.
A monopod is an excellent tool for traveling videographers and photographer who need that extra bit of stability and production value. They’re compact, lightweight, portable, and they are relatively inexpensive.
8 reasons to use a monopod:
- It’s quick and easy to set up. Ideal, if you are on the move and need to record at a moment’s notice.
- It’s lightweight, totally portable and fits onto your camera bag – perfect if you’re trekking to out of the way locations and more importantly, it fits neatly into your hand luggage for those low cost air flights.
- With the addition of a good quality fluid head, it will give you smooth camera pans and tilts.
- It will consistently provide reliable and steady camera support when using a long tele lens, especially when using its sturdy tri-feet.
- It allows for the use of slower shutter speeds which will provide greater depth of field and sharper shots.
- Its adaptability will get you out of a number of tight spots especially if you are trying to record in one or you just need to get some height for your camera eg over the heads of a crowd. Some monopods will extend up to 1.8 meters and conversely, if you require shots close to the ground the monopod base will instantly provide you with a mini tripod.
With imagination and practice it’s possible to create unique and beautiful camera movement with this simple pod.
Let’s take a look on the list which is given below –
- Supports video cameras, still cameras and scopes
- 1/4-inch univeral thread mount
- Four leg sections able to extend 67-inches
- Non-skid rubber foot and retractable spikes
- Includes carrying bag
- Built in cushion grip and adjustable wrist strap
- Made of lightweight aluminum
- The Compact Monopod is perfect for compact cameras, weighing up to 1.5kg.
- If you are using an entry-level DSLR, we recommend that you only connect this photo monopod to your camera’s standard kit lens.
- Comfortable, rounded rubber handgrip.Protective cap for securing thread when transporting monopod
- Wrist strap to protect your equipment from damage, At 330g, the lightest Manfrotto monopod
- This product is not useful with Video Camera(Professional ) or with DSLR’s and is not capable of handling anything above 1.5 KG
- 60. 6″ maximum height
- Twist-lock leg sections- Easily deployed ½ turn, twist lock leg system for easy setup and take down.
- Reversible 1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 Screw
- Supports loads up to 22 lb
- Folds down to 15″
- Compass- Compass included on the wrist strap for your identifying your directions.
- Rubber Foot with Retractable Spike- The P Series Monopods have a rubber foot with retractable spike to handle all your shooting needs.
- Carabiner Clip- Wrist Strap with included Carabiner Clip can attach the monopod to your belt or luggage for convenient carriage.
- Photo monopod dedicated to travellers
- Fits in backpacks and messenger camera bags
- New rubber leg warmer design for fast & secure movement
- Quick Power Lock system for rapid, effortless and reliable set up
- Compatible with Manfrotto’s FLUIDTECH base
- Warranty- 2 years
- The Vanguard VEO 2 AM-264TR is a lightweight, compact portable monopod with foldable feet
- his monopod is great for shooting photo or video and the added feet allow you to have increased stability.
- Compact 4 section monopod with a folded length 56cm/22in.
- Handles camera loads up to 6kg/13.2lbs. & Extends to a max height of 163cm/64in.
- Foldable feet allow for smooth panning for following the action while shooting stills or doing video
- Load Capacity: 8 kg / 17.6 lb
- Max Height: 63″ / 1600mm
- Closed Length: 26.8″ / 680mm, Sections: 4
- Removable Base Converts to Mini Tripod
- 360° Panning Hand Grip and Sturdy Aluminum Alloy Build
- Series 4 Aluminum Monopod with the 3-Leg Locking Base and S4 Video Head for a complete camera mount set-up that combines classic design with advanced materials.
- The S4 Video Head allows 360 degree panning rotation and the A48FD Monopod with 3-Leg Locking Base features 4x aluminum tubes that extends to about 68.5″.
- Features a mounting plate with a reversible 1/4″-20 and 3/8″-16 threaded mount for attaching a video head directly to the camera.
- The 3-Leg Locking Base comes with a 3/8″-16 female threaded foot for easy attachment to monopod.
- Limited 3-Year Warranty (Extended to 5-Years with Online Registration).
A decent quality monopod should be an essential part of your DSLR support kit no matter what type of production you are making. Whether it’s run and gun style, urban documentary, weddings, nature, sports or drama short, make sure that you have your monopod and your imagination with you!
Also read my blog regarding –
13 Amazing CAMERAS- One of the Most Important Photography Gadget -“https://www.ripplenfortunate.com/blog/2020/06/02/camera-photography-gadget/“
34 Creative Photography Props – Don’t miss while clicking the picture- “https://www.ripplenfortunate.com/blog/2020/06/01/photography-props/“
Read the blog on Tripod too on our website – Ripplenfortunate.com